~15

The morning came, the bright hot sun shone through the windows, peaking throughout the blinds of every window

The morning came, the bright hot sun shone through the windows, peaking throughout the blinds of every window. Birds chirping outside, all seemed to be calm, but it was far from it. Pietro had fallen asleep before he could get to his phone last night.

"Turn that off," Raven grumbled, shoving her head into the pillow, Pietro's phone was ringing.

"Hello?" He greeted, his voice groggy.

"Does he wanna come back?" Pietro sighed, hungover from the night before.

"Thanks, Clint. Make sure he doesn't forget anything, I'll text you when he's back safely," Pietro continued, sitting up over the edge of the bed. Raven rubbed her eyes with a yawn crawling towards Pietro.

"Thanks again," Pietro hung up, looking down at his half asleep wife wrapped around his waist.

"Phoenix wants to come home today, Clint it sending him back in an hour." Pietro sighed, brushing his wife's silver locks away from her eyes.

"Well Ash and Damon will finally get to meet him, did Clint say why he wanted to come home?" Raven groaned, getting situated in his lap.

"Home sick," He lied.

"Can you watch for him, I gotta go back to sleep," Raven rolled back over, pulling the covers over her.

"Sure thing, I'm gonna go have a shower," Pietro kissed her temple and headed into the bathroom talking his phone in with him. Pietro turned the hot water in the shower, stripping himself of his clothes and stepping into the water. His phone buzzed on the counter, guess Ash loves to send her texts in multiples. Pietro grabbed the shampoo squirting it in his hand, lathering his hair in it, rinsing it out, brushing his hair back with this fingers. The water trickled down his face dripping onto the shower floor, the mirrors already steaming up.

"Piet?" Raven called from under the covers.

"Yes?" He yelled back, washing his body in the process.

"Hurry up!" She groaned in a childlike manner.

"One sec!" He quickly finished up, drying himself off not bothering to get changed and crawled right back into bed.

"What is it love?" He asked whispering in her ear.

"You're just warm," Raven smiled, resting her chest on the man next to her.

"You called me back in here from my shower because you're cold? The pyro princess?" Pietro laughed rubbing his hand up and down her back.

"You are really cold, are you feeling okay?" Pietro pressed his hand to her forehead taking her temperature.

"Isn't a fever supposed to up someone's body heat?" Raven sighed. Her silver locks of hair now overgrown and messy fell along the side of her face.

"You control fire, I would imagine it's the other way around for you, no?" Pietro rolled his eyes continuing to feel her forehead, brushing her hair away.

"I've never gotten sick before, or we'll I don't know if I've been sick," Raven told rolling back over in the bed, pulling the covers off Pietro.

"Well you're extremely cold to the touch, stay in bed, rest. I'll take care of everything today," Pietro smiled.

"Can you make sure Ash and Damon find the dining hall?" She grumbled, eyes fluttering shut.

"Sure thing,"

~~~

"Where's Raven?" Damon asked as he stumbled out of the guest bedroom, his brown hair all knotted up, his shirt scrunched and his pants all twisted.

"She doesn't feel very well this morning," Pietro told. His head under the kitchen sink looking for a clean sponge to do the dishes.

"How you feeling? Need Advil for the head?" Pietro asked only earning a nod from the tall brunette in front of him. Pietro laughed and dug through the medicine bin Raven liked to keep above the plates pulling out the Advil handing it to Damon.

"So like what happened to you, Ash told me you were dead for a few years, what does she mean?" Damon asked, swallowing the Advil tablets dry.

"You weren't there?" Pietro asked, his hands submerged in dirty dish water.

"I only met Ash a few years ago, I met her through Raven. I guess that was when she went awol, huh?" Damon chuckled.

"Seems like her. I was pronounced dead at our wedding, resurrected, you know!" Pietro laughed it off as if it wasn't a different thing to think about. His wife watching the life drain from his as as she was pregnant with his child.

"That was you? You were all over the news!" Damon took a step back in shock.

"That was me, but I'm alive now," Pietro smiled, scrubbing at the dishes harder and faster till the plate in his hand shattered.

"Shit," Pietro's phone started buzzing, he dried his hands on the dry towel on the counter grabbing his phone answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Phoenix is about an hour out from you," Clint answered.

"Thanks, did he behave himself while he was there?" Pietro asked with a sigh.

"He was great, he said he wanted to stay longer but he wasn't feeling well. I thought he should be back home 'cause of well you know," Clint informed, the sounds of his children screaming and playing in the background.

"Good call, thanks again, I'll talk to you soon, bye?" Pietro ended the call throwing his phone on the counter.

"You need any help?" Damon asked, grabbing the broom and dustpan that was hanging from the wall.

"Please." Pietro kneeled down using the towel from the counter to pick up the glass that ended up on the floor, Damon sweeping away all the smaller stuff into the dustpan.

"Is your kid coming home?" Pietro nodded in response.

"Him and Raven are both not feeling well, I think Raven is asleep now," Pietro explained continuing to clean the kitchen as he spoke.

"Raven probably had too much to drink, she was a big party girl when I met her. As for Phoenix, I'm sure it's just a cold." Damon reassured, patting Pietro's shoulder. Raven stumbled out of the bedroom rubbing her eyes, her hair all tangled and matted from sleeping.

"What was that noise?" She mumbled, leaning against the doorframe. Pietro rushed over picking her up, carrying her back to bed and tucking her in.

"To answer your question it was a plate, and I told you to relax!" He whined at her, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"When will Phoenix be home?" Raven grumbled, pulling the covers over her shoulders.

"Should be here in the next thirty minutes or so," Pietro smiled.

"Can you tell Ash and Damon I'm sorry I can't see them off?" Raven coughed, her body ached.

"For sure,"