1~

"Phoenix!" Peter exclaimed at the sight of the small brunette child with peircing blue eyes.

"Pete!" Phoenix cried running up to the taller brunette. "How's my favourite kid doing?" Peter smiled, pulling Phoenix up into his arms. "Good! Mummy says Auntie Nat is coming home tomorrow!" His tiny blue eyes lit up at the thought.

"That's so cool! Come on, I have something to show you." Peter grinned walking into the next room.

"How you doing Raven?" Tony asked sympathetically taking a mental note on her physical appearance. "I'm as good as I can be. I'm still shaken up by what happened four years ago. I don't think I'll ever be able to get it out of my mind." She sighed. She had bags under her dark green eyes and her body was droopy as if she hasn't slept in days.

"I don't think any of us can." Tony admitted pulling Raven in for a hug.
"I've been thinking." Raven chuckled pulling away from the hug. "You know the machine that created Vision? What if that could heal and revive the dead? It's just a thought." She muttered laughing to herself at how childish it sounded.

"It's possible. We just have to test it on something like a rat or something." Tony smiled. "I know you want him alive and healthy again, Rave." Tony sighed watching a figure walk into the room.

"I just can't do this parent thing by myself." She sighed.

"You have your family." Sam smiled pulling Raven in for a hug. "Missed ya Sam." She smiled. "Missed you too."

"We have an extra floor. I can renovate it to your liking and then you'll always have someone to help." Tony smiled.

"Would you actually do that?" She asked in shock. "You've saved my ass more times than I can could and you deserve a break. Of course I'd actually do it." Tony assured.

Phoenix came running back into the room holding a Batman figurine. "Look at what Peter got me!" He beamed waving the toy around. "That's so cool Buddy!" Sam smiled.

"Sammy!" He laughed hugging sam's leg tightly. "I missed you! And I missed you too Tony!" Phoenix smiled.

"You don't really have to renovate it, just don't move people onto that floor and we'll be good." Raven continued.

"It will be like old times. Plus, our apartment is getting a little too small for us, right bud?" She asked picking up the small boy. "Yep!"

"Sounds like a plan. We can move your things in tomorrow if you'd like."

"Thank would be great. thanks.. for everything Tone." A genuine smile crept up on Raven's cheeks.

"Is Pietro's bed still in his room?" She asked, the smile slowly fading. "Yeah, you're bed is still in yours. I made sure no one took those rooms in case you were to come back and get all mad and make me into a human torch." Tony joked. "Wanda didn't take all his stuff, did she?" She sighed watching Tony shake his head.

"She nearly broke every bone in my body, but I wouldn't let her. When you disappeared you didn't take any of his stuff so." Tony added, wrapping an arm around Peter.

"Thanks Tony." She smiled slightly putting Phoenix back down.

"Hey Spidey~" she laughed pulling the nineteen year old in for a hug.

"Hey flames~" he smirked.

                               <<>>

"You and Daddy lived here?" Phoenix asked looking around the mostly empty floor. "It was cleaner and there were three of us. Daddy, me, and Aunt Wanda." She smiled.

"This was my room," raven explained pointing to the room furthest from the elevator. "Then was daddy's then Wanda's." She finished.

"Was Daddy handsome?" He asked. "Yes. You have his eyes and his smile." She knelt down kissing him on the forehead.

"It's getting late, bud. Let's get you cleaned up and comfortable." Raven suggested leading him into the bathroom in her old bedroom. "You're gonna have to sleep in your close tonight, Phoenix. We're going to movie our stuff here tomorrow. It might be on this floor though." Raven grabbed a face cloth she had left when she disappeared and wet it, wiping his face.

"Go get comfortable. I'll be right back." Raven watched as her son ran toward the bed.

She pulled her phone from her back pocket dialling a number.

"Hey Clint. Would you mind if I was to come over for a night? I can fly myself over there." Her voice soft and unsteady, holding back as many tears as she could.

"Of course. How does Thursday sound?" Clint asked through the phone.

"Thursday's great. Thanks a lot man, okay bye." She chuckled sadly, hanging up the phone before walking out to say goodnight to Phoenix.

"Is this what Daddy looked like?" Phoenix asked picking up a small Polaroid picture from the bedside table. "Handsome isn't he?" Raven smiled rustling his hair.

"It's bedtime. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Raven pulled the blankets over his tiny body, kissing his forehead. "I'll be in the next room if you need me. And if you want anyone else because it's an emergency say 'Jarvis tell whoever to come to this floor.' And he will tell whoever you asked him to tell and they will come."
She hummed earning a nod from Phoenix.

Raven slowly walked out of the room closing the door behind her before heading up to Tony's lab.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Tony joked. "Probably. You froze his body right? You still have him?" She rushed.

"Yes we still have him. I kept it under wraps like you asked. You know we buried an empty casket." Tony reminded, talking and working at the same time.

"Show me." She said bluntly. "Raven I do-" Raven instantly snapped at him. "He died in my arms. I've seen it all before, so don't bullshit me." She growled pulling a cigarette from the small box and placing it between her lips.

"Okay." He finally agreed. Raven followed Tony into his office where he had a freezer due to projects he was working on. "I'm sorry all this happened to you." Tony sighed opening the freezer door as Raven lit her smoke.

"he would be the same when he woke up right? Like Steve?" Raven questioned. "That's the plan."

A single tear fell from Raven's forest green eyes as she exhaled smoke.

"If not I'll make him remember."