~12

"You wanted to talk to me?" Tony asked through the phone

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could check on Phoenix tomorrow, something feels off." Raven asked quietly.

"What do you mean?" Tony asked with a concerned tone.

"Let's just say two enhanced parents and a child with no powers yet," Raven answered, her head in her hands.

"That is a little concerning, I'll call Banner." Tony said hanging up the phone.

"Piet, can you come here when you have a sec?"

"Sure Princessa," he yelled from Phoenix's room, sounds from Phoenix's game nearly drowning him out. Raven sat out on the balcony, cigarette in hand waiting looking at the sunset fill the sky with shades of pink and orange.

"What's up?" Pietro asked poking his head out.

"We need to talk about Phoenix, he should be showing signs of being a mutant by now," Raven sighed looking toward her husband.

"Raven it's his birthday, no?"

"It is but I'm worried, I don't wanna miss something and have it backfire!" Raven's chest tightened at the thought.

"That's a problem for tomorrow, okay? Now come inside, let's have a nice warm bath," Pietro said lovingly, holding his hand out for her to hold. Raven snubbed out her cigarette and complied.

"Bud it's starting to get late, can you go wash up?" Raven said poking her head into Phoenix's bedroom.

"Sure thing mom," he respond with a sigh heading for the bathroom.

"Now it's our turn," Pietro gestured toward their bedroom.

"Mister and misses Maximoff, Mr. Stark is asking everyone to join him in his office tomorrow morning at six," Jarvis informed through the speaker on the ceiling.

"Thank you Jarvis," Pietro thanked pulling Raven into their room throwing her onto the bed.

"What are you doing!" She laughed pulling him down with her.

"I told you to relax, plus I am taking your mind off things, no?" Pietro smiled back, kissing his wife sweetly.

"You are but we can't do what I think you wanna do tonight," Pietro frowned giving her his best puppy dog eyes, batting his eyelashes.

"We can tomorrow when Phoenix is at school," Raven laughed pulling him closer. Meanwhile in the bathroom where Phoenix was washing up a green substance started oozing into the water.