194. Cuddling Maedhros - Part 1

Being the Big Spoon

Valinor

- When it comes to cuddling, usually Maedhros likes to be the big spoon!

- What is there not to love? He is 8ft tall, full of muscle, and a firm grip as he wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you into his chest.

- You are just so soft and small in his grasp, laying his head against your shoulder or behind your head, breathing in your scent deeply to take the time to relax.

- But not always is him being the big spoon enough to help settle him after a long and stressful day in politics.

- So when you first offer to be his big spoon, Maedhros is a bit taken aback and even chuckles at the idea of you being his big spoon. Have you not seen the size difference?

- He's massive and you're so little! You should always be his little spoon, but he obliges on your request and takes his place with his back facing you.

- When you lay behind him, he admittedly loves the feel of your back against his, and the feel of your arms wrapping around him as you pull him in as snugly as you can.

- Nothing you do to squeeze him snugly into you is actually going to hurt him, but the added pressure is so nice and the tenseness in his shoulders leave him.

- Being in your arms is such a nice change of pace, as much as he loves to hold you, he certainly isn't complaining about the sudden reversal in roles.

- Feeling your breath on his neck, and your lips pressing soft kisses to him, and your body pressed against him holding him, brings him unfettered peace that he didn't know he could feel after such an intense day.

- You'll find him asking or positioning himself to be your little spoon far more often, heavily and happily entertaining the idea.

Post Angband

- Post Angband, Maedhros is still ever so happy to be your big spoon.

- He likes the idea that you are in his arms, utterly protected at all costs. If anyone were to try to harm you they'd have to get through all 8ft of him first.

- Though when it comes to being the little spoon, things go extremely poorly.

- Maedhros isn't going to turn it down the first time you suggest it, remembering how peaceful and soothing those moments in Valinor had been when you held him like that.

- But the moment he feels you press behind him, with your arms winding around him, it feels like a vice and he immediately feels as though is in danger.

- A panic attack is quick to being following suit if you aren't quick to change it.

- Maedhros laments that something that had been so enjoyable before his time in Angband is no longer something he can enjoy.

- Instead he is quick to pull you right back into him and hold you close as he steadies himself and calms his breathing, before listening to you fall asleep in his arms.