162. Argon - Freezing

Argon x Reader

k words

* * *

You stood just outside the cabin, snow falling down around you as you and Argon were high in the Pelori mountains where the snow fell off and on. Drastically different compared to the more moderate climate down below, though Argon loved it up here. Your hair growing damp from your warmth as little flakes caught in your hair and onto your thick cloak. You only clutched it tighter around you, hugging it close looking for where your partner might be.

Arakano had told you that he'd be outside chopping wood, but you didn't think he'd be gone that long. The two of you having come up this way to escape the stresses of everyday life and with the fact that Anaire will was not speaking with Arakano for the moment. She was still processing over her children participating in the Kinslaying, and rightfully you couldn't blame her.

Suddenly there was a thunk and thud that followed, the sound of wood splitting and falling into snow that pulled you from your thoughts. You turned to walk towards the back of the cabin, shuddering as a breeze blew through, rustling your hair and nipping at your face. How Arakano could even begin to withstand this cold was beyond you, though you tried not to think on the glaringly obvious answer to that.

The idea of him withstanding any of this chill or worse because of Helcaraxe crossing made your stomach knot. Willing or not it had been a tragedy in the long run, and Arakano was lucky to have made it as far as he had before his passing.

The sight of him coming into view, swinging an axe over head and splitting another log before picking up the pieces to put it into the wood pile he had started. The store of wood having grown drastically compared to what it was when you got here.

His black hair wavy and damp from the snow, his cloak loosely thrown over his shoulders so it didn't interfere with what he was doing. Blue eyes deep in thought and focus on the task that he had set for himself. Hardly even noticing you as he continued on, though your footsteps hardly made a sound as you walked atop the blanket of snow.

"Arakano?" You called out pulling him from his thoughts abruptly, watching the way that his sterner expression seemed to fall. An expression that heavily favored his Atar's. You'd have been intimidated were that not the expression he always wore,

"Y/N, what are you doing out here?" You only laughed some at his inquiry shaking your head, noticing how his cheeks seemed to be reddened some from the intense cold and exertion. Yet there was not even the hints of a shiver on his muscular frame, standing only stoically as he kept his gaze on you.

"Am I not allowed out of the cabin?" You teased, only making Arakano frown at your words and he began to shake his head. You knew he hadn't meant it like that, but you couldn't resist. Another cold breeze blew through again, and you shivered, that was why Arakano had asked you what you were doing out here. Knowing how easily you chilled, even for an elf.

Arakano only rested the axe against the stump, the tool sinking into the snow as he began to approach you. His gray eyes looking you over intensely, and you couldn't help but give him a soft smile seemingly softening his hard exterior further. 

"It's so cold out, Y/N..." He mumbled out to you, Argon's words controlled but soft, his footfalls not making a sound as he crossed the snow. You only looked up at him as he paused before you, bringing a hand up to caress your face leaving you to shudder over how cold his hand was.

"Your hand is freezing Argon." You said reaching up to grab his ice cold hand, beginning to press soft kisses to his hand, the ellon before you raised his brows at your words, seemingly surprised. Argon was so used to the icy weather he didn't even notice the change in his body temperature.

"Let me hug you.." You said moving to wrap an arm around his waist and pressing your head against his chest. The fabric feeling damp against your cheek as you rest your head there, his body ice cold. Not a single feeling of warmth radiating from him, serving to only freeze you rather than you warming him. Even as Argon wrapped his arms around you, it did nothing to keep the cold air at bay or assist in warming your partner. 

You'd have asked him if he was cold, but you knew that Argon was not or else he'd have come into the cabin by now. Now hugging him only served to begin soaking your cloak and robes with the added melting snow that landed on you. You turned your head, listening to the slow thrumming of his heart and noticing the sizable pile of wood that had been chopped.

"How about we take some of the dry firewood inside for the hearth, and warm you up?" You suggested beginning to pull away from him, another gust of wind blowing through bringing you to shudder and shiver more visibly. This made Argon frown as he began to nod, 

"We can get out of these wet clothes and into something warm and cuddle in front of the hearth." At your words, you suspected were he not so cold, Argon would've blushed at your words. The explanations of what you wanted to do with him never failing in flustering the disciplined soldier and Prince. This only served you to press a soft kiss to his chest, despite the dampness of it.

"And it'll warm you as well, for you are shivering in this weather." He noted to you in thought and with simplicity, before he reluctantly pulled from you. Moving to pile up the firewood into his arms for the warmth heath that was currently heating the whole cabin. You smiled waiting on him, grateful he did not object to the idea, nor deflect the care you had for Argon's well being.  Seeing as it was just the two of you, he did not flat out ignore the idea with mild embarrassment. 

"Then we have no time to waste." You chuckled beginning to walk briskly through the snow, you only heard Argon hum out in agreement. Leaving you giddy in excitement to spend your time with him and to share and indulge him in your affections with him so freely.