75. Caranthir - Arachnaphobia

Caranthir x Reader

1.1k words

* * *

You walked leisurely with your partner, your arm tucked in the crook of his elbow and your head resting against his strong bicep. Both of you were enjoying the view of blossoming flowers that were all neatly planted around you. Bright reds, pinks and oranges held your attention as you looked over them, breathing in their sweet fragrance.

"It is lovely today isn't it?" You commented to him with a soft dreamy sigh, you couldn't have asked for a better moment than this. Finally you had Caranthir all to yourself and without interruption from any of his councilmen or brothers. He looked at the top of your head, a faint smirk of satisfaction pulling at his lips, he was content to see you so happy.

It had been quite sometime since you were finally relaxed, as helpful as you were to assist in running Thargelion it was clear that it had been getting to you. For weeks now you had worked diligently and right beneath Caranthir, taking heavy loads off of his shoulders. So today he decided to treat you to a day filled with leisure, wanting to do anything that you desired.

No one would dare consider interrupting the two of you, they would be met with Caranthir's rage if they attempted. When it came to you and your care, it was not to be trifled with.

"Yes.. I agree." He answered you in a short breath, watching as you turned your head to look up at him. Staring back into your bright and beautiful eyes, and bringing a hand over he tucked some of your hair behind your ear. The rough pads of his fingers grazing against your cheek before he pulled away.

Decorative trees shaded the path that you both walked on, Caranthir's boots thudding softly with each slow and steady step. The velvet of his sleeve was soft against your skin and the perfect view of blooming flowers and the beautiful architecture of his home distracting you. Little did the two of you realize or notice was the spider dangling from one of the branches, you two passing right beneath it.

Just as you did a breeze came blowing in, rustling your hair across your back and depositing the little eight legged arachnid right onto your back. You nor Caranthir noticed a thing, only continuing your trek before coming to a wooden bench tucked away in the hedges that would hide you both from any prying and nosy eyes.

"Thank you for this Cara." You began moving to sit close to him still, Caranthir gently grabbed your soft hand, holding it firmly as he began to nod at your words. Another breeze rolling through making your hair tickle the nape of your neck, and blowing through Caranthir's inky black hair.

"You have been working hard, a break was necessary lest you become overburdened by it." He noted in a gentle voice to you making it sound so simple and nonchalant. Yet you knew that he cared about you and how you were feeling, it warmed your heart to know that he cared so much.

Caranthir's thumb was beginning to absentmindedly stroke the back of your hand as his gray eyes looked down at you. You only smiled at his words leaning forward to press a gentle kiss to his lips in gratitude, as always your lover met your affections with tender care.

Never could you get enough of these tender moments, wanting only to indulge in as much of these together as you could. As you pulled away looking down with a blush on your cheeks did you see the tag along dangling from your shoulder.

Immediately you gave a startled gasp, your heart pounding vigorously in your chest as you jumped up from your spot on the bench. Your hands were quickly brushing your shoulders and torso desperate to get the spindly legged creature off of you. You could care less how ridiculous you probably looked to Caranthir, spiders were the bane of your existence and positively terrified you!

"Get it off! Please!" You blurted out panicked to Caranthir looking down at your legs to see that the spider had landed there. It was making quick work to try and climb up you again, and all you could think of was how those tiny fangs could bite you any moment from being aggravated and provoked!

Caranthir had gone to his feet in your panic, standing there full of alarm and worry as he watched you trying to decide what had caused such distress. His need to protect you having grown exponentially even if it was from a minuscule spider. At your words his keen eyes narrowed in on the arachnid before he leaned down and with a rough brush of his hand flung it across walk way so it could scurry back to wherever it needed to go.

Just as long as it was far away from you, that was all that mattered to Caranthir. Your heart continued to hammer in your chest, adrenaline pumping through your veins as your hands gently shook from the "excitement" of the unwanted guest.

"Are you alright?" Caranthir asked with quickness, standing to his feet as he began to look you over wanting to make sure that you had not been bit by the little creature. Hands moving your hair away to check around your neck, gently grabbing your arms and looking them over and down to your hands.

Wanting to cover every inch that wasn't covered in heavy fabric to make sure that you were okay. You only nodded your head at his words, pressing a hand to your chest as you tried to take deep calming breaths.

"Y-yes... It is just... It caught me by surprise." You explained to him softly, Caranthir only pulled his brows together at your words. Though to Caranthir it seemed silly to be so frightened over a spider as small as that, but he took your high strung emotions into consideration.

If something as small as a spider sent you into such intense distress then the matter was serious. No matter how small the foe might be, he'd undoubtedly keep you safe from it. Gently he pulled you into his chest, where he kissed the top of your head lovingly.

"Perhaps... We should go inside and away from such risks of unnecessary excitement." He concluded thoughtfully, his voice even and gentle though frustration flushed through him. He had wanted this to be relaxing, perhaps he should have squashed the arachnid when he had the chance to help cool his temper.

"Yes let us." You answered moving to grab his hand, Caranthir only nodded once again, bringing your hand up to his lips to kiss before pulling you along. Hopefully once you both got inside you could have the solace of each others company, and no other intruders to disturb your day of leisure.

* * *

Apologies if this isn't that great as my other writings! Today's been an off day! Hopefully my next fic will be better!.