new friends?

TW: slurs, homophobia (I'm queer)

--------------------------------------

Recap:

Giving a quick bow, I run off hearing a shout "that imbecile cannot keep his mouth shut about that damned power!!"

Vera's pov.

I sprint down the road looking around for the familiar glint of the charm. A pass by the old park and hear a loud noise. Reaching for my bag, I realize I forgot it. Instead, I cautiously walk into the abandoned place. I see a figure on the swing once more.

"Shoto I swear to God if that's you I'm kicking you in the nuts again!" my phone calls out. I hear a deep chuckle. "Please tell me you mean pro hero endeavors kid." I smile, "of course." The man stands up and I hear a jingle. Catching sight of my bracelet around his wrist I furrow my brows. "Where did you get that bracelet?" He pauses and stares at the woods. I stare at the back of his head waiting.

"A friend gave it t-" I cut him off while marching up to him, typing rapidly. "THAT IS A DAMN LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!" He spins around in a panic but freezes when he sees me. Tears stream down my cheeks as I start sobbing. "Give me a hug you asshole."

He stares at me in shock "how did you know it was me?" I smile and grab his hand, poking the purple scars. "Dabi, your scars are awesome" he smirks and  scoops me off my feet, hugging me tight and spinning me around. "My God if I could cry I'd be bawling" he chuckles, setting me down. I smile warmly at him, "wanna sit on the seesaws?" He smiles and nods. As we sit down, he stomps, making me fly up. But as I fall I make sure to slam down on my end, sending him flying off the end.

Smirking at him I laugh out air and pull him up. He laughs along as we sit together, calmly this time. "So what's with the phone talking huh?" He asks me. "Long story short I temporarily lost my voice." He sighs and pats my shoulder "your a fucking idiot." I nudge him "I know I know, so am I" he chuckles. I nod "what have you been up to all this time?" "Ya know. The usual, stalking you, watching you beat the shit out if my brother, getting pissed that my brother hit you." He chuckles halfheartedly before his smile drops. "I'm gonna say something and I can't guarantee you'll like it" he scratches his neck. I grab his wrists and stick our charms together. "Even though the sun and moon are far apart, you still need me to shine." My phone says. He smiles sadly and stares at his blue moon charm.

"I'm a villain"
"And? Your point is?"
"You don't care?"
"Of course not! You scared me, I thought it was something serious!"
"I kill people! That is serious!"
"Not as serious as what you could have said!"

He pauses and facepalms. "I've already told you, the corner store running out of sweets isn't that serious" I pinch his ear "OUCH!" I huff out a breath of air, crossing my arms. I hear a sigh and feel arms slip over my shoulders. "I'm sorry sunshine." I ignore him "if I get you candy will you stop ignoring me?" I smile and play with my bracelet on his wrist. He takes it off and slips it on my own.
"Then let's go" I nod before freezing. ' wait what?'  I think. He lifts me onto his shoulders, grabbing my ankles. Once he's sure I'm secure, he takes off running. I lightly beat my fists on the top of his head. "hey hey! your gonna make me drop you" he laughs loudly, the wind blowing his hair. I only huff in response as I cross my arms and rest my head on his. I hum a song in my head on the way while tapping the beat on his head.  "Oi, sunshine. we're here" I wiggle my feet, trying to tell him to let go of my legs. He seems to notice and crouches down, letting me off. I smile and softly pat his chest, "that was fun." Hearing this, he smiles back. 

We begin slowly strolling through the isles in the corner store. "How much longer until you can stop talking with your phone?" he asks "a few more days, why?" I respond with another question.  He grumbles under his breath, looking away and towards the fruity candy. "I cant hear you dabi" "I just..... I haven't talked to you since I was 17, and I'm 21 now. I just wanna hear my little sisters voice." A sad smile forms on my face "I'm sorry, I had another incident I'm told, I didn't know I would see you." Dabi flicked my forehead, "don't apologize stupid." I begin typing 'sorry' into my phone, but delete it before it could speak, feeling stupid, I just hug him.