CHAPTER 16

cont...

Then it was students' turn to go to the Quidditch field. They was amazed looking at the twenty-foot-high hedge ran all the way around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them: the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy.

The air was full of excited voices and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid the gamekeeper and Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts and three Hogwarts professor came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the champions. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of his moleskin vest. They talked with the champions before the champions went into four different directions to station themselves around the maze.

Bagman now pointed his wand at his throat, muttered, "Sonorus," and his magically magnified voice echoed into the stands.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points - Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

"So...on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" said Bagman. "Three - two - one -"

He gave a short blast on his whistle, and both of them hurried forward into the maze. a few minutes, the second whistle blew allowing Viktor to enter the maze and the last whistle for Fleur.

Cassie for Viktor safety in the maze hoping he would came out in one piece even if he didn't win. His safety is more important than winning it. All students start to chat among themselves while the professor waited patiently by the side. then suddenly a scream was heard from the maze. It caused all of their attention to shift at the maze. Alec brought the girls into a hug with Celia on the left, Cheryl on the right and Cassie in the middle. A red spark was shot in the air. Minutes later, a professor then came out from the maze with Fleur who looked trembling.

"You better not die in there, Krum. I can't handle this three demons alone" whispered Alec. Cassie and Celia chuckled at his statement while Cheryl pouting and hit him on his right arm causing him to yelped. They all know Alec was worried about his frenemies even if he didn't admit it. 

Then another red spark was shot in the air. It cause all of them to tensed wondering which champion has eliminate. A few minutes later, one of the Hogwarts professor come into the light with a body floating behind her. Cassie can't figure out the person is until Celia shouting Viktor's name. the foursome rushed towards him. When they reached him, the professor tried to stop them but Alec pushed her aside. He knelt beside Viktor checking him not caring when the Hogwarts matron tried to push Alec aside so she can do her job. Alec then stand when Cassie pulled him and they watched as Viktor being carried into Hogwarts. 

"He's fine. I think he's been hit by stunning spell but something is wrong with him." said Alec as Celia hugs him. "Cas, you can feel it too, right?"

Cassie nodded still looking at Viktor direction. Celia and Cheryl looked at her worriedly. They then decide to be there with Viktor instead of staying for the winner. But a scream was heard.

End of flashback

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

 They looked at each other before sprinting towards the scream. There on the ground were Potter laid on Diggory chest and the cup laid a few feet away. But something is wrong with Diggory. Dumbledore approached Potter and talked to him. Then another scream was heard, 'Cedric Diggory! Dead!'. They gasped and looked at Potter who seemed struggling with Dumbledore not letting Diggory body go.

Dumbledore bent down and, with extraordinary strength for a man so old and thin, raised Potter from the ground, and set him on his feet. The crowd around them jostled, fighting to get closer, pressing darkly in on him asking him questions. Fudge and Dumbledore seem arguing about something not noticing Potter being carried away by the auror that worked as professor at Hogwarts, Alastor Moody.

Cassie then been pulled by Cheryl. They walked towards the Hogwarts infirmary to visit Viktor. In infirmary, Viktor laid on the bed sleeping. He look pale and shivering. Celia and Cheryl rushed towards him before taking a seat on each side of the bed holding his hands.

The matron who came out from her office saw them and told them to be quiet. Alec thanked her before pulled the curtain around the bed so no one can disturb them. Alec then helped to move the bed bext to Viktor closer so that Celia and Cheryl could sleep on it. He sit on the provided chair and pulled Cassie to his lap. Cassie snuggled on his chest looking at Viktor waiting for him to wake up. All the things that happened tonight causing them to be tired and fall asleep.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇