Change

Chapter 4

"Katsuki I noticed you don't yell as much as you used to." The boy turned to face the girl a look of confusion on his face.

"What are you going on about?"

"If it's because of me you don't need to stop. You can be yourself around me!" Another week had passed, another week where the girl doubted herself. She wanted to believe that Katsuki liked her but with every passing day, he seemed more distant.

"The fuck? I'm not acting differently because of you! Why would I change myself for someone else?" The boy was also growing more annoyed with each passing day. He thought it would be easy to keep a girl happy, but she always expected more and asked for more than what he wanted to give.

She knew something was going on but couldn't approach him and eventually dropped the subject. They sat in silence in his room both doing separate things. The girl played dress-up games on her phone while the boy read a book on his bed.

The atmosphere was tense.

Neither of them knew what to do in this situation. (Y/n) thought she could ignore it and try to be happy with the boy she's crushed on but she was finding it difficult. She knew that she was still madly in love with him but she couldn't say the same for him.

Their relationship seemed more out of pity rather than a mutual feeling. She wanted to change that but didn't know what to do.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a text notification. She looked up to the top of her screen and noticed it was her friend Monoma from class B. He hated everyone in class A but treated (Y/n) differently. They were from the same middle school so he knew she wasn't as conceded as he thought the A class to be.

Monokuma:
Hey, are you free to hang out right now?

(Y/n):
Why?

Monokuma:
I wanted intel on the class a jerks

(Y/n):
:/

Monokuma:
I'm jk I wanna get food but I don't wanna go alone

(Y/n):
Okay I'll meet you outside the dorms then

With that, the girl turned off her phone and got up from the bed. Bakugou noticed the sudden movement and cautiously looked over. He saw the girl gathering her belongings and wondered what had happened.

"Where are you going?" He finally spoke up.

"Out with my friend." The girl said with a bit of an attitude. She was still upset with his earlier response. With her hand on the doorknob, she mumbled a quick goodbye and walked out.

Bakugou stared at the door debating whether or not to go out and follow her. He fought with himself for another minute before ultimately walking out of his dorm room. He finally reached her expecting to see her rounded face friend but instead was met with blonde hair.

He couldn't quite describe the feeling but it felt as if he had lost.

-=+=-

I am 100% a Monoma simp. If it wasn't for the fact this is a Bakugou fic Monoma would be the main love interest.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Feedback is always welcomed!