to cerith

can you unbruise my chest? can you unswell my grapefruit heart to make it stop lurching for someone who just had a vial's worth of blood for me? can you? can you unsqueeze my ventricles, the very ones you wanted to beat for you, which i let you and let myself beat for you, mystery bruises from these beatings were not from, i discovered, my own breathing, but were sprouting and blooming in my valleys and tall, tall trees, veins like roots crawling beneath skin? can you understand my lips, when they don't swallow you whole and pass notes written in tongues or when they float forced laughter out to stab and diffuse the fog stirring from your right ear, but rather when my fat sausage lips mimic the space between our bodies, the air coming through not a pout but invisible shouts and shrieks and pleas, messages from my mind, encoded molecules bubbling toward yours, bullets that don't bite? can you unbite the holes in my thighs? can you untear that mangled entrance that i only ever thought my baby would come out of, not to let someone else's child in? can you paint back the peeling paint? can you exorcise the cold ghosts of your fingerprints on my back? can you do all these things without me asking? can you receive my thoughts and melt them with your own? can you even hear me?