Life Outside

Author note:
Tw: hanging, suicide and murder.

"Good morning everyone it is now 7am nighttime is officially over", said an ecstatic voice.

You opened your eyes finding yourself In the same room you fell asleep in 'wasn't a nightmare', you thought slightly disappointed. You rolled out of the suprisingly comfortable bed and looked around your room again, there were clothes similar to what you were already wearing in your closet. You quickly got changed and left your room bumping in Celestia

"Ah I'm so sorry", you quickly apologized to Celestia holding out your hand to help her up.

"Do not worry about it you should be more careful though, it would be most unfortunate if you bumped into someone else", she said calmly taking your hand and walking to the dining hall.

You were surprised by Celestias reaction you thought she would be mad but she was just ok with it.

You walked into the dining hall to find most of the others already there most of the seats were already filled so you quickly took a seat next to Celestia, the last few people arrived. Everyone began discussing anything new you quickly tuned out of the conversation you couldn't help but think about what's going on outside the school.

'would anyone have realised that we're missing yet?', you thought knowing your parents they wouldn't even notice your brother however surely would know. You couldnt help but think about how worried he must be, your older brother would call you everyday he lived in Towa so he didn't come home often mum and dad didn't help with that either.

You were quickly pulled from your thoughts by Kyoko "Monokuma just asked everyone to go to the rec room, you coming?", She asked. You looked around at the table finding it completely empty. You both walked to the rec room everyone was already seated at a computer.

After taking a seat next to Kyoko you received a cd. Everyone sat in silence watching the footage on their cd. You watched as a small apartment room appeared on the screen, your brother sat on a couch on the phone "I'm so proud of you congratulations on getting into hopes peak academy", your brother said. You quickly recognised this as the last conversation you had before entering the school. There was a pause before your brother spoke again "I gotta go now my boss is calling, I'm sure your gonna do great, make me proud Y/N", your brother said before hanging up the phone. Suddenly your brother's apartment had been trashed the couch was scratched up and windows were broken. Then your blood ran cold it felt as if your heart had stopped behind the couch a lifeless figure hung from the ceiling... Your brother in bold red letters the words 'YOUR FAULT' were shown before fading to a black screen. The cd was finished and came back out of the computer.

You couldn't breathe, you couldn't hear anything it was as if the world had gone silent your brother was dead. You quickly stood up and ran out of the room 'this isn't real this isn't real', you thought as you entered your dorm and locked the door.

The hot tears streamed down your face as you fell to the ground the one person who had listened to you in life was gone... And it was your fault, 'I could've done something, I would've spoken to him everyday', you thought as your breathing became even more unsteady.

Suddenly there was a knock on your door. "Y/N it's Kyoko can you open the door?", Kyoko said calmly. You reached up and unlocked the door shifting away from it slightly you wiped away the tears away from your face as Kyoko entered the room. "It's ok to cry best get it over and done with now so we can find out more about these CDs", Kyoko said crouching down to your eye level. More tears rolled down your cheeks, you didn't want to cry, you didn't want to appear weak but you just couldn't stop them. Kyoko sat down Infront of you and brushed some of your hair away from your face, she quickly pulled you into an embrace and let you cry.

The tears quickly stopped but you stayed in Kyokos arms a little longer. "Let's find out about those CDs", you said pulling out of the embrace.

You both entered the now empty rec room and collected your cd. You explained to Kyoko what was shown on your video "are we sure it was your brother?", Kyoko asked deep in thought.

"His head wasn't in frame but it was his apartment", you replied

"It may not have been him, it could've just been a fake", Kyoko said calmly

'hopefully she's correct', you thought agreeing with Kyokos statement.

Kyoko then explained that she saw her grandfather in her video, but she believed the video was fabricated.

You and Kyoko wrapped up your investigation shortly after as night time was approaching quickly. You gathered your stuff and went into the bath house to find it empty.

You entered the warm bath and began washing yourself as you were about the leave the bath Celestia entered the room. "I'm just about finished here Celestia you can have the room to yourself", you said as you began to get out from the bath. Celestia placed her hand on your shoulder, "don't worry about it I'd prefer if you stay here anyway", she said calmly slipping into the bath beside you.

"I noticed you left the rec room in a hurry, how are you feeling?", Celestia asked looking at you. Suddenly you began to feel a little uncomfortable by your lack of clothing.

"Yeah I'm ok thanks for asking", you replied trying to avoid looking below her neck.

"Are you uncomfortable with my presence?", Celestia asked leaning forward lifting your chin with her finger.

You felt your face flush red "embarrassed are we?", Celestia chuckled leaning closer so her lips were almost on yours.

"Sorry to interrupt but it's almost night hours I suggest you get back to your dorms", a familiar voice asked

Your head whipped around making direct eye contact with Kyoko. You glanced over at Celestia who looked very irritated.

you got out of the bath wrapping a towel around yourself and gathered your clothes. After getting changed you began walking back to your dorm only to be met with Kyoko standing outside.

Author note:
Hi everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while I got out of a toxic relationship a few weeks back and I'm finishing up with exams this week. I will get back into regular posting again soon hope you enjoyed this chapter❤️.