Advice

(y/n)'s pov:

"Thank you Armin." I said. I felt my face getting warm and there was this weird feeling in my stomach and near my heart. Am I dying? No, but what is this? It feels weird, but it also feels good somehow.

Armin cleared his throat, his face red too. "Uhh if you want I could show you the book another time." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure."

There was a silence.

I got up from my chair and looked through the bookshelves again. I heard Armin make his way behind me.

Most of the books there had a title on them, but I skimmed across one with a dark red hardcover and no title on the spine. I took the book out, and started flipping through the pages.

They were sketches, drawings.

"I think that's a sketch book that was made from one of the Scouts years ago." Armin said from behind as he also looked through the pages.

"Who drew them?"

"We don't know, because no one marked it as theirs."

There were sketches of titans, the forest, horses, birds, the ODM gear, even some people, food, and many more.

"I have never seen someone draw a person so well before.." Armin said in awe.

The sketches of the people had there face covered, so we couldn't identify them. I turned to the next page and something caught my eye.

It was a drawing of about a 5 or 6 year-old girl, and a man. A tall man, with a coat. The man was kneeling in front of the little girl giving her a book. Why does that look so familiar

Then I remembered something.

"Tom.." I mumbled quietly that Armin didn't even hear me from behind.

"Hmm? Did you say something?" Armin asked.

"Oh uhh no, it's just that this drawing looks very detailed."

We started looking through the sketch book, until there was knocking at the doors which startled Armin a bit since the library was so quiet. Then the doors opened revealing Mina.

"Oh sorry, am I interrupting something?" She said as she saw Armin and I.

"Uhh no it's fine, I had to meet up with Eren anyway." Armin turned to me. "I'll catch up with you later then yea?"

I didn't say anything but nod my head and closed the book to return it to the shelf. I had that weird feeling again and felt my face becoming warm. What is going on with me? Is this some sort of sign that I'm going to die or gonna get sick?

As I was placing the book back in the shelves carefully, Armin went out of the doors and Mina walked over to me.

"Hmm I think he likes you." Mina whispered in my ear with a teasing tone.

"Why wouldn't he like me? Does he hate me?" I asked confused.

"Nonono! Not like that, I mean I think he likes like you." Mina explained.

"I don't understand the term 'likes like'"

"It means when someone likes you more than a friend, like a crush."

"Crush?"

"Yea, you like spending time with that person and want to become a couple."

"Ohh." I said understanding the meaning now.