The Trial

Third Person POV

Everyone stared in awe as the Titan carried the boulder on its back. They did it. Unbelievable that a titan would be on humanity's side.

"Eren..." Mikasa smiled.

"Mikasa!" Armin shouted, getting her attention. (y/n) was trailing along behind him.

"Armin! (y/n)!" Mikasa responded.

As Armin informed Mikasa of the plan, (y/n) looked at Eren's Titan. To see such a miracle right before their eyes was impressive. All the stories that Hange, Levi, Erwin and Pyxis told them about titans were unthinkable creatures who deserve to die, well Hange said otherwise. Spectating this was something that hasn't been done or seen before in history.

"Defend him!", the commander shouted, "to the last man, if that's what it comes to! Eren must reach the gate! I don't want a single Titan anywhere near him!"

All the other cadets went in motion as soon ss they heard their orders and saw titans coming for Eren.

The commander turned to (y/n), Armin, and Mikasa, "The three of you, go! I want you with Eren immediately! Hurry up soldiers! That's an order!"

"Sir, yes sir!" The three of them responded.

The other teams went to the titans, hopping to slay them, but they showed no interest.

Strange... (y/n) thought.

Even with the humans on the ground running towards the titans, they didn't seem to acknowledge them. Once they started shouting at them, it gained the attention of two titans and they went after them.

"They're insane! Setting foot down there is suicide!"Armin exclaimed. "If they get cornered somewhere there'll be nothing they can do!"

The other soldiers moved to follow the others.

"We need to go." (y/n) said to the two as they ran off to aid Eren.

"She's right. Come on, Armin." Mikasa said as she followed (y/n). Armin followed right behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(y/n), Armin, and Mikasa were running in front of Eren's Titan.

"(y/n)... Mikasa... Armin?! What are you doing? Get to the rooftops! You'll be killed!" Eren thought to himself.

They kept on moving ahead as they heard cries from dying soldiers. (y/n) felt a pain in her chest as they heard the cries come to a stop. I have to keep moving! They're death won't be in vain! This is for the plan! For us to win!

An image of Tom flashed in (y/n)'s mind.

"Remember (y/n)," Tom spoke, "no one can ever win without sacrifices."

"But why?" A small (y/n) spoke.

"Because that's how this cruel world is."

"There's still a titan ahead of us!" Armin spoke as the image of Tom left (y/n)'s mind again.

There was a titan right at the gate. Standing there as if waiting for them. As they got nearer the titan was going to grab the trio, but that was before Rio came in.