1.4

hi guys! i took a short break from here for awhile, in case you couldn't tell, but i'm back for now! here's a short update, i hope everyone likes it :-)

-

I thought this meant he was going to come outside. That he would talk to me.

This was apparently not the case.

I stood outside for ten more minutes, pacing impatiently, before realizing he wasn't coming out.

I picked up a handful of pebbles, and tossed as hard as I could, in an attempt to get Michael's attention.

I was on my third handful when I saw Michael's face through the window again.

I couldn't read his face, as he motioned that he was coming outside.

I dropped the rest of the pebbles, as the door to the house opened and Michael walked outside.

"What do you want, Luke?" Michael asks, rolling his eyes. Why was he irritated? It's not like I did anything wrong. (I can't stop rolling my eyes while writing this Luke is so stupid lol)

"I just wanted to talk." I mumble, pulling my jacket closer to my cold body. I noticed Michael wasn't wearing a jacket. He probably didn't expect to be outside too long.

"About what? We've talked enough."

"I don't know..." my voice trails off. Should I say sorry? I didn't really know what to be sorry for. "Why weren't you at school today?"

"I actually spent my day with my mom. We talked through some stuff."

Michael shivered again, and I shrugged off my jacket without really giving it much thought. I offered the black jacket to Michael, and watched as he blushed.

"I didn't plan on staying out here long. I was just going to yell at you and then go back inside." I ignored this, shaking slightly from the cold.

"What did you guys talk about?" I continue the conversation.

"Well you know...the whole part about me being gay. She was actually really mad at first, but after we talked about it, she explained it was because I never told her before this. I wasn't that comfortable with it. Besides, I thought it was painfully obvious."

I tried to think about that.

"How did she find out you were gay?"

"She actually asked me if I liked a girl, and I kind of just blurted it out."

Oh.

"I actually feel really good about it now. Only you two know. Once again though, I figured it was obvious. I don't know, I never felt comfortable talking about it though. But everything is okay between me and her now. "

I smiled, happy that Michael was happy.

"But is it okay between us?" He blurts out. "Like are you okay with it?"

"It doesn't matter."

His face drops.

"Wait, so you aren't okay with it?"

"No- I totally am. It just doesn't matter." I struggle to explain the thoughts I hadn't quite figured out myself. So Michael liked guys. That was okay. But Michael liked me? I didn't know if that was okay. I had no control over who Michael liked but I didn't know how I felt about this.

And after everything that happened yesterday, I figured he liked me.

Michael looks confused. He sighs loudly, and goes to take off my jacket.

"-no keep it." I tell him.

"Oh my god." He starts laughing, and thrusts the jacket into my arms. "You have to walk home. I'm at my house. I have jackets. Go home, Luke."

Michael turns to go inside, but I grab his arm before he could go any father.

"Text me?"

"Of course."

I nodded, letting go. I couldn't help but smile. I think everything is okay now.

There was one more thing.

Michael was walking up the steps now.

"Michael!" I yell, before he could go inside. "You know I'm sorry for being such an asshole, right?"

His face splits into a giant smile. He gives me a thumbs up before shutting the door.