0.1

"...honestly you guys just probably need a break. " Michael finished his sentence, but I hadn't really been listening. Instead, I had been watching Michael as he played guitar hero.

He didn't even seem to notice that I didn't pay attention to a thing that he said. He just continued to play, his fingers nimbly jumping from button to button while playing Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. I couldn't help but notice the smile on his face when he saw how good he did. He always looked so happy when he did good in games. Proud of himself.

It had always been this way. Michael, was the complete opposite of me. Nerdy, and quiet, he was never seen without his thick framed glasses. But somehow, with being friends for four years, we made it work.

More often than not, I would go over to his house after I finished hanging out with some guy off of the football team, or whenever I had time honestly. We never really hung out in school. My girlfriend questioned why I hung out with him, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed him. I couldn't really explain the attraction I felt to Michael, but it was there.

"Maybe." I nod, even though I had barely been listening to what he had been saying. And that was the end of the conversation. That was it. I couldn't understand why I couldn't stop thinking about it though. Should we take a break ? Should I start seeing someone else? Should I pretend nothing happened? I didn't even know how much I could trust Michael's advice. Yet I still asked him.

I left Michael's house later that night, his words still stuck in my brain, my head hurting.

-

The school hallways were loud, as usual, but today it somehow felt out of place.

The metal of my locker was cold against my fingertips, which fumbled clumsily with the handle as I attempted to lock it. I didn't know why I was so off today, but I needed to fix it.

I didn't even notice there was someone standing next to me, until she tapped my shoulder.

"Luke!" The girl snaps, irritated that I hadn't noticed her presence.

"Autumn." I said, nodding at my girlfriend as I adjusted the books in my arm. I didn't know what else to do, but this felt very cold.

"Look, I'm sorry." She sighs, running a hand through her messy brunette hair. "I was just really stressed the other day, and it annoyed me when you said you couldn't come over-"

"That's because I couldn't."

That actually was a lie. But I had wanted to go to Michael's.

She ignores me.

"I just feel like lately you haven't really been treating me right, and it is sorta ridiculous-"

"Ok. Your right." I find myself saying, just so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore. "I need to go to class." I start walking briskly away, only to have her start following me again.

"Kiss?" She fake pouts, resting her slim hand on mine. 

Before I could even do anything, I noticed Michael across the hall. I waved. 

"Kiss?" She asks again, even more irritated with the fact that I was waving at Michael instead of kissing her. It wasn't like it was unreasonable for her to expect me to kiss her cheek, I just hadn't noticed.

I kissed her freckled cheek, satisfying her, and happy she would go. It seemed like more of an effort staying with her than anything else. I wish it was more like before.

It wasn't even her fault, but I knew things had changed. 

Michael waves back, as Autumn started making her way to class, and that was the end of our interaction.

I don't know why, but Michael and I never really talked during school. I guess it was because we were in completely different groups, but our friendship never left the confines of his or my house.

I wasn't sure if I wanted that to change.

-

Guess who sucks

the answer is me