2.3

It had been so weird seeing Michael so distant. I don't think that the consequences of my actions had really hit me until we talked.

I had thought that, maybe, if I couldn't really see how it affected him, it would be okay. I thought that the main problem in my relationship was him.

Michael had never been the problem.

And now, here I was, lying on my bed, confused as heck. Michael had reluctantly agreed to coming over to work on the project. I could tell he was doing it more for the sake of his grade than anything else, but I didn't mind.

I remembered his glasses that were always tipping down his tiny nose. He changed that, and I couldn't help but wonder why. Now, you could see his face a little better. He looked older, if that was possible. Still attractive, nonetheless.

The fact that I may have feelings for Michael was mind blowing to me. I had never thought I was gay. Like, seeing him, and briefly finding him attractive happened, but I never thought twice. I had a girlfriend.

I wasn't even worried about my parents not accepting me, if anything did happen. I was worried about Autumn. We were stilldating. How could I just break up with her for someone else?

But i felt like I did have feelings for him. And it was so confusing. And I had nobody to ask for advice.

I was startled by a loud and sudden knock, and I knew Michael was here.

My parents were out, so we had the home to ourselves.

I took a deep breath, smoothing out my white shirt, and opened the door.

Michael was standing there, arms crossed. He was wearing dark skinny jeans, paired with a dark flannel. I wasn't used to seeing him dressed like this, honestly. But I liked it.

"Hey," I say, smiling, and trying to appear cheery, despite my heart pounding in my chest.

"Hey Luke." He says cooly, making his way to the table, and takes a seat. "Are you ready to start?"

I nodded, reluctantly sitting down.

After about 20 minutes, we were still talking about what we were going to write about, and I could tell that the tension was lessening. We were chatting now, just about small things, and I hoped everything would go alright.

Suddenly, he set down his pencil, to look at me.

"Did you ever open what I gave you for Christmas?" He asks, looking worried.

I hadn't.

I guess I just didn't really want to think about Michael, and I didn't want to owe him anything. I would have just felt worse.

"Uh, no." I say, stuttering. "I can give it back to you if you want?"