0.4

Michael's head rested on my shoulder, his hair brushing against my ear lightly as he napped. I knew he was tired, so I let him sleep as I flipped through my math book, attempting to catch up in the hard class. Math was never my best subject. Actually, nothing really was my "best subject". I sucked at mostly everything, only getting through with the help of Quizlet and learning the bare minimum needed for each test.

My mind started to wander to the topic of my parents. My dad would be home soon, and if he saw Michael I would be in trouble. His rule for when I start home, is that I can't have anyone over. Then, my mom would be home a little after that, so we could have dinner together like the perfect family we are.

I didn't want to wake Michael though.

After he brought me my soup, he crawled into my bed despite my protests, and started telling me about how he barely slept last night. He insisted it was because he was worried about me, but then shyly admitted that he also was playing Skyrim, and then proceeded to nod off.

Michael stirred a little in his sleep, and I took a moment to examine him. His thick framed glasses were slipping down the tip of his nose, and his eyes were shut tight, his thick lashes fluttering every once in awhile. I couldn't help but mentally "aw" at the sight of him. His left arm was draped around the front of me, both of his legs wrapped around one of mine.

He was making it so hard for me to study.

I tried nudging him, but when I was unsuccessful in waking him, I did the first thing I could think of. I knew deep down it was shitty, but kind of figured it would be funny.

I pulled my arm out from under him, and pushed him off the bed.

That woke him, as he scrambled to get up, his eyes wide.

"You fell off." I told him, fighting back my laughter.

Michael narrows his eyes at me, and scoops up his glasses which had fallen on the floor.

"Sorry I fell asleep." he shrugs, crawling back into my bed. "Did you get any studying done?"

"Yeah." No.

He looks pleased, leaning back into me, a muffled yawn escaping his lips. Michael and I had always been like this. We were used to always contacting each other, because we knew nothing would ever happen. I wasn't gay. I had a girlfriend.

My phone buzzes, so I pulled my arm away from Michael to see who had texted me.

Autumn (3:46)

I heard your sick?? I'm coming over lol

My eyes scanned the text, then I looked back over at Michael.

"Michael, my parents are almost home." he sits up. "I'm sorry."

He smiles, understanding, and for once I felt bad.

"It's fine Luke! Love you."