Speaking In Volumes

Jimin was sitting inside their walk-in closet folding clothes. He was singing to himself when Hobi walked in. He was in a particularly good mood thinking of how some of the members were having their turns at finding romance. It had been a rough ride for them these past two years and all they could do was hold on not knowing how long the rocket ship they were riding was going to keep taking them to new heights. There had been no chance to get off or pause until the world stood still. Even then, the opportunity was presented too abruptly and they were not prepared to suddenly think anything through.

They were all going through a much-needed shake-up. Even Hobi who was the most collected and sure of his place was being challenged by the universe if he was sure about his standing in life. Jimin gave a small chuckle. The universe had a funny sense of humor playing around with Hobi this way. Poor Hobi, he thought, throwing a wrench in his best-laid plans.

He heard their door open quietly and clicked close. "Hyung?" he called. He quickly jumped up excitedly. He had been waiting to ask how things turned out. He expected Hobi to come in dancing but was surprised to see Hobi sitting on his bed with a lost expression instead. "What the heck happened?"

Hobi tilted his head and blinked. "I'm not sure." He managed to say. He fished the pouch from his pocket and tossed it to Jimin. Jimin frowned and let the contents dropped in his hand.

"Yaa... why do you have these?" He said incredulously. Two coins were on his palm. "Are these Hopi's coins?"

"No, they're mine. She gave them back to me."

"What are you talking about? What do you mean she gave them back to you?" Jimin jumped on his bed and sat in front of Hobi. "I'm not following."

"I'm not sure I am either. I didn't recall giving her coins, but I do now."

Jimin's eyes widened. "Hyung, what happened? You have to snap out of this. Aissh! I'm going to get a heart attack. What happened?"

"I'm not sure, but I feel like I won't see her again. I don't... I don't exactly know what happened."

"Huh?" Jimin's eyes widened in frustration. He had both his hands up and fingers woven into his head of hair. "What did you do?"

Hobi shot up on his feet and frowned at Jimin. "Yaa! I didn't do anything!"

Jimin stood up too. "Why didn't you do anything?"

Hobi put his hands on his waist. "What?"

Jimin did the same. "What?"

The door opened and Namjun peered in. "What's going on?" he asked. He opened the door wider and the rest of the members poured in. "What's the commotion about?" All seven boys looked at each other and then all at Hobi.

"Did you mess up our date?" Jin asked accusingly.

"It wasn't a date. We just had... and Jeongguk, Jimin... I need to talk to you about that omelet!" He said pointing at the two instigators. Jimin and Jeongguk grinned and winked at each other, completely unapologetic.

"That's why it's messed up. It's not a date." Yoongi said under his breath. "I bet you didn't even notice her shoes!"

Jimin lifted his hand for everyone to see. "Look what she gave him!" Everyone's eyes grew wide and they bombarded Hobi with questions.

When everyone calmed down and lowered their volumes a few notches, the boys sat in a circle with the coins in the middle. They were silent after Hobi narrated what happened on his day out with Aiko. Jeongguk pulled out his phone and started dialing.

"Who are you calling?" Jin asked, tapping him on the knee.

"My lifeline." Jeongguk replied. They all waited and finally, Jeongguk gently said, "Hi honey... I'm going to put you on speaker. Ok, hold on. Everyone say hi to Nira."

In unison, everyone said, "Hi honey!" Jeongguk gave them all a face.

"Hi." Nira chuckled on the other line, "What's going on?"

"Maybe you can help us figure this out..." Jeongguk gave Nira the gist. "...So, I'm thinking you can help us with a woman's perspective? "

"I really don't know. I can't think for her." Nira replied, "The right answer is that Oppa-Hobi should just fess up and say he had read the book so everything is out in the open. Then we will know for sure if this is her beginning to walk away."

"What... What... WHAT?" The boys all sat up straight.

"Walk away, what do you mean walk away!?" Hobi's voice was louder than everyone else.

"What are you talking about, honey?" Jin asked.

"Stop calling her that!" Jeongguk complained.

"It's just an idea. Wait.. you've all read volume two, right?" Nira's voice hung in the air as the boys looked at each other. "Hello? Did I get disconnected?"

Jimin sprung up. "I'm on it!" he said, leaving the room. Behind him, all the boys yelled, "Get six more with yours!"