Vol3/P1

It started to drizzle again despite the sun peeking out from behind a cloud. She wasn't even certain if they were ever going to meet again. Just weeks before, she went against her own feelings for Hobi by saying no when he had asked "Well, we're standing in front of each other now. Doesn't that change things?" and she had battled her own feelings since and justified that it was the best choice for her and for him.

Looking at him amidst all the sunflowers, her concrete resolve was being shaken. There was something about the way he was looking at her. There was a certitude exuding from Hobi that was posing a challenge to the line she had drawn. She searched his eyes for fear and indecision, but it was not there. He also seemed taller than she remembered. He only stood a few inches higher than her, but he appeared larger than life.

Although more raindrops started to fall around them, Hobi was not paying notice. He didn't break his gaze and he looked down at her, watching all the emotions play out on her face.

"It's raining." She said.

"Washing away yesterday's mistakes. isn't that how it goes?" His cool answer took her aback, and something connected. Hobi managed to bring them into the pages of her book.

"All these... flowers?" She began to confirm.

"Volume 1, page forty-two. Yes." he admitted.

"The umbrella?"

"Volume 1, page nine. "

Aiko's eyes widened, "All the books... did you?"

"Ah, no. That's not without the A.R.M.Y.'s and a little help from the boys. We just made it known how much we loved your writing, although..." He joked, "I'm not a big fan of the plot." A small smile crept on his lips.

"Hoseok-ah... what are you trying to..."

He stopped her then and said, "Come with me." His calm, confident demeanor made her acquiesce.

Even if she tried, she couldn't help but relent. The tables had turned and although the scenes were familiar, she conceded that they were not in the world she had written. At that moment, she was in his world now, and he was holding the pen. She was merely a character in his scene and she was powerless to how things were to play out.

Hobi took a step forward. "Don't think about this too much, Aiko-yah." He told her. His voice was low, seeking for her to yield. He took his coat off and put it over her head. As he did, she took in his unexpected sweet, woodsy scent from standing so close. The man before her seemed different, if not for his consistency with his little gestures of care. It is her Hoseok, but she was feeling a different kind of rush with him under the coat.

Aiko raised her hands and stopped him by putting her hands on his wrists. She stepped forward and moved his hands so they were both under his coat. He smiled at her and nodded. "Stand close, we're getting out of this rain," he told her and led the way.

They took shelter under a covered deck a few meters away. After shaking off some of the droplets that have settled over his coat, Hobi folded it over his arms and put out his hand. "This time, I'm asking," he said. He waited for her to put her hand in his. Aiko did and they smiled at each other.

If there were goblins in this world, they must also be holding their breaths. A couple of benches were situated for anyone who wanted to look over the lawn. Hobi walked Aiko to the one with a small bag resting. When they got to the bench, Hobi extended his other hand and invited her to sit. "Please..." he had said.

Aiko did and waited for him to sit on the other side of the bag. He had no explanations. Quietly, he reached in the bag and fished out a lunch box, and set it on her lap. "I hope you're hungry." He told her. He laid his dampened coat beside him and turned, urging her to open the lunch box.