𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

|| MINSEO POV ||

|| MINSEO POV ||

I apply the pink icing on the final gingerbread cookie, looking down at it proudly.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Today I will confess to Sunghoon. It's been a week since the umbrella incident happened, and I've been paying pretty close attention to him. I've noticed that he's competitive, athletic (obviously) and he listens to a lot of music in his free time.

Christmas is coming up, so it only makes sense to make gingerbread cookies. I saved up my savings for the proper ingredients. I even stayed up past my bedtime to finish them!

It's pretty obvious he likes me back. Only boys that have a crush on you give you their umbrella and call you pretty. He even said bye to me yesterday. Come on, I think my chances are pretty high. There's nothing stopping me.

Suddenly, the front door to our tiny apartment slams opens to reveal mom. Her shirt was two times too big for her, and her hair was untidy. No wonder why she can't get a job, anyone can tell she's a drug addict from a mile away.

She points at me, slightly toppling over the multiple boxes piled up at the entrance. "Hey! What are you doing?"

I let out a sigh, placing down the almost finished icing bag. "I'm making cookies." She comes closer, staring at the cookies deeply. "Who are they for?"

"A friend," I say quietly, keeping my head down as she laughs. Before I know it, she slams her hand onto the counter, making me wince. "Don't lie to me! They're for a boy, aren't they?"

I keep quiet. There's no point in trying to lie to her, she'll find out anyway. She walks over to the counter, pushing me back a little from the cookies that were portrayed on the sheet pan in an orderly fashion. She suddenly grabs the tray and throws it onto the floor, making me watch my hard work crumble into tiny pieces. "I can't believe it. Only those desperate bitches from high school ever gave boys cookies."

My eyes start to water up, but I wipe them away. I'll only get ridiculed if I cry in front of her. "Next time..." She starts. "...Remember not to spend your time making cookies for some boy, you useless girl! How do you expect to get money if you're spending it on stuff like this?!" She screams in my face, letting me absorb her rotten teeth that desperately need brushing.

She leaves after giving me a lecture. Walking to her room, probably to smoke some lines. I fall weak onto my knees as I let myself collapse onto the hard tile floor. I start to clean up all the cookie crumbs, despite all the emotions I was going through right now.

After sweeping the floor, I'm about to go to bed when I spot a couple of salvaged cookies sitting on the counter with 0 to little fractures. Probably around five of them. Maybe I can still give these ones to Sunghoon!