𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

|| 1 YEAR, 4 MONTHS LATER ||

"C'mon Scarlett, we're already late!"

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

Minjeong whines as I continue fiddling with the buttons in the Bighit, or I guess now known as HYBE studios.

Yeah, I took the job offer. I've been working here since summer of last year and it's honestly granted me amazing opportunities I'd have never even thought of before. It's probably the best thing that's happened to me, after Sunghoon. Yes, we started dating again!

"You have the rest of the month to work on this album, can we just go already?" Minjeong huffs at my stubbornness. I laugh at her, taking my headphones off. "I'm done. We can go now."

She mumbles some inaudible words under her breath as we leave the studio, walking through the HYBE buildings. I'm still considered a rookie staff here at HYBE, but everyone still treats me with a lot of respect. And I've been mentored by amazing producers such as Bang Sihyuk himself! Isn't that crazy?

"This end-of-year party is going to be so fun. Jay always throws the best parties." Minjeong exclaims as we jump into her car. We graduated from high school around a week ago. The official ceremony was pretty anti-climatic, which is why Jay is throwing one of his iconic parties to end off our high school careers.

I got accepted into university. My dream one too! It's as if life has perfectly worked out for me. Some people from my year two and three classes will also be at that university, like Sunoo and Aeri. I think Sunoo's still scared of me though, so I don't know how that'll work out.

Minseo also got into university, but it's all the way in Busan. I heard there's a lot of mental hospitals there so maybe she can finally get the help she needs. Soobin was the only one who ever apologized for being rude to me. None of the other Loona members really talk to me anymore after that incident from last year, but I don't mind. I've found better friends who love me no matter what so I don't associate my selves with them.

Speaking of which... "Hurry up and drive, I just snuck out without my mom's permission!" Yeonjun shouts at Minjeong as he gets into the backseat of the car along with Taehyun and Ningning. Yeah, these guys are a little dense but they're still my best friends for life.

I hope Beomgyu's doing well. I sort of ignored him for the rest of year two and we were never in the same class this year. We bumped into each other at graduation. He seemed swell since he got into his dream university and all. But his eyes were still apologetic when we made eye contact.

And yes... Sunghoon is still as handsome as ever. You'll know once we arrive at the party. Speaking of which, we're already here! We all jump out of the car as we walk towards the front gate. There were some familiar faces on the lawn playing ping pong and whatnot who I say hi to.

We open the doors and see everyone's hands full with red cups. It doesn't take long for Yeonjun to become one of those people, chugging down the first cup he saw. "Ew, what if someone drank out of that?" Ningning makes a disgusting face at him.

"Taehyun, let's go do something," I say, grabbing the boy who had a blank face. I'm started to convince myself that he can't show emotions or something like that since he literally never smiles.

Yeonjun, Ningning and Minjeong trail not too far from us as a popular song start playing on the speakers. "Hey, aren't you the girl who helped produce this song?" Someone random asks me. Ever since I started working for big names in the music industry, a lot of people have been trying to befriend me so that they could possibly see their favourite idols. It's annoying, but I've been able to distinguish who I can trust and who is a snake. I have a lot of practice with that.

I nod my head at the girl before returning to the others. They were loudly screaming the lyrics with no shame. Well, everyone besides Taehyun who swayed his body back and forth awkward. "Ooh, when I look in the mirror, I'll melt your heart into two! I got that superstar glow..." They all harmonize together, making me slightly embarrassed but I soon join them.

Midway through dancing, I felt someone pull me backwards and into their chest. That can only be one person. "Sunghoon-ah..." I say, looking up to meet the boy's chocolate orbs. His hair was slightly pushed back and his eyes glared into me. See, didn't I say he was still attractive as ever?

"Didn't I tell you to meet me right away when you got here?" He whispers into my ear, making my heartthrob. I gulp. "Sorry, I forgot..." I trail off when he pulls me into a deserted bedroom and attacks my neck right as the door shuts.

I let him suck on my collarbone, leaving dark hickeys as marks. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling ourselves closer. He pulls away, letting me feel the cold saliva he left on me. "Gosh, I can't stay mad at you." He says, sending shivers down my spine.

I'm brought back into reality as I pull him away from me, smacking him playfully on the chest. "What has gone into you? You left me these dark hickeys!" I scold him, examinating the red marks on me that were very much visible at first glance.

"Why are you so stressed? It's not like it's our first time doing that." He says while wrapping his arms against my waist and shoving his face into my neck once again, this time not for the purpose of leaving hickeys.

"Should we go back outside? I think my friends are probably looking for me right now." I say, patting the top of his head as if he was a lost poppy. "Or, we could just stay like this." He walks back a little bit, making us both fall onto the bed.

We both giggle hysterically at the sudden fall, laughing into each other's chest while begging for air. Our snickers die down as we lay down on our back in silence, my chest snuggled into his.

Sunghoon and I may still be young, but I can already tell that he's the love of my life. If we ever broke up again, I don't think I'd ever been able to recover. But by the way I feel when he holds me in his arms, I don't think that'll ever be happening.

He may just be a boy who has trouble falling into slumber. But to me, he is my will to live. We spend countless hours together, trying to help him close his eyes and drift away into dreamland. After months, he can finally snooze normally again.

I help him fall asleep at night, and I'm quite proud of that if I do say so myself.

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢