𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"You want to take me on a date?"

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

I ask as the boy in front of me remains smug. "And why would I do that?"

"You owe me." Sunghoon chaffs, making me scoff. "And how so?" I mock back.

"Remember when I saved you from getting hit by that car? I feel like I should be repaid." Sunghoon scratches his chin, pretending to think while looking up in the winter sky.

Fall has left us behind for winter that has arrived here in Seoul. The cold air freezes the two of us up as we sit next to each other at our usual spot at the park. Sunghoon and I have been seeing each other less and less since competition season was coming up and he was continuing his training for almost the whole day. But when we did meet each other, it's when I'm the happiest.

"But don't you have to train for your skating competitions? Your mom will most likely get mad at you." I try to reason with him, earning a shake of the head from the boy. "You sound really desperate to not go on this date, Ms. Heo." He jokes in a stern voice.

"No, I don't mind going on this date, I'm just worried ab-" I cover my mouth with my hand as Sunghoon laughs mercilessly at me. "Hey, you set me up!" I shout playfully as I hit him with my hand on his shoulder.

"Fine, we'll go on this date. But where are you taking me?" I finally give in. "Oh, that's a secret." He smirks as I'm left confused. If Sunghoon is refusing to tell me, either he doesn't know where we're going yet or the date location is so painfully boring he's too nervous to tell me beforehand.  

His phone lets out a ding and he picks it up immediately mutters a curse word under his breath. "Scarlett, my mom needs me home." He says, still looking at his phone. I knew how strict his mom was, so I tried not to talk about her often. "Okay, I'll head off first. Bye!" I start to walk off but his arm suddenly pulls me backward. I stumble back and think I'm about to hit the floor but instead land into his warm embrace.

I look up slowly, his head towering over mine. He grins slightly and leans in. "Did you really think I'd let you get away that quickly?" His cold breath hits against the skin under my ear, making me shiver slightly at the sudden skinship.

He lets go and grabs my hand. Before I have time to comprehend, we're walking down the dark streets to my apartment complex with him leading the way. We stay silent the whole way, but not the uncomfortable type of silent, the good type. The type where it feels just like the two of you in the world, enjoying each other's presence without worrying about verbal communication.

His hands were intertwined with mine until we reached the outside of the apartment complex. "Do you want me to walk you in?" He asks me but I shake my head no. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

We stare awkwardly at each other, waiting for whoever would say bye first. "So... Bye, I guess." I quietly muttered, mentally pinching myself for sending myself off so lamely. I expect Sunghoon to have some sort of spiteful comeback, but he doesn't say anything. Instead, he takes a few steps toward me, similar to the position we were in not too long ago.