"𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝."

2.

"Sup, Terminator?" Sam greets, landing next to Bucky.

Bucky watches Sam's wings retract back seamlessly into the case. It was fascinating to see how the wings work and how easy it is for Sam to use them. It felt like the wings are a part of Sam. Bucky felt jealous. He wished to be that comfortable with his vibranium arm instead of hiding it with long sleeves and gloves. He could not look at his left arm without remembering what it has done in the past during his Hydra days.

"In case you didn't know what a Terminator is, it's a cyborg assassin disguised as a human," Sam explained.

"I know what Terminator is. I've watched the movie. I'm not like Steve." Bucky drawls.

Sam looks baffled, not expecting Bucky to catch up with the modern world.

"There's a group down there. From what I see, they're collecting vaccines? Drugs? Or whatever that is inside that vial " Bucky replies, ignoring Sam staring at him like a gaping fish and glances back to where their targets are.

"Vaccines?" Sam recovers quickly.

"That's what I said, big bird." Bucky hums, still watching the group of men.

Sam raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Did you just call me big bird?" Sam asked incredulously.

Bucky smirks. "Two can play the game, birdy."

"Boys, shut up and focus on what's going on right now." Natasha's voice spoke in both of their earpieces, making the both of them shut up immediately.

Bucky slowly walks towards the stairs, wanting to get closer. Sam grabs his wrist, stopping him.

"What?" Bucky whispers harshly, turning to look at Sam.

"You can't just walk in like that. They're just gonna see you and make a run again," Sam said, giving him a pointed look.

"I see a clear path and I say that we should take it," Bucky said as if that's the most obvious thing ever.

"God. For an ex-assassin, you're so dumb." Sam sighs.

Bucky rolls his eyes. "I'm trained to move sneakily so I know what I'm doing."

"Yeah, no shit, grandpa. And I can fly. Who cares?" Sam scoffs.

Bucky noticed the men finished loading the vaccines into the truck and are preparing to leave.

"They're leaving. Go!" Bucky said, immediately bolting off to chase them while Sam flies out.

•••