"𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞."

4.

"It's James," Bucky said out of the blue.

Sam turns to look at Bucky in confusion. "What?"

"You can call me James. My first name. Since we are friends and all..." Bucky clears his throat, eyes watching Sam carefully as if he is analyzing Sam's reaction.

Sam's face showed that he was surprised for a split second before he's grinning. Bucky thinks they are friends. Friends. There's a confirmation from Bucky that they are friends. It's progress.

"Oh, first name basis already, huh? You gotta work for it to get me to call you that, Jamie." Sam teases.

Bucky did not expect Sam to immediately create a nickname out of his first name. And he actually likes it. Bucky felt his cheeks flushed. He should've expected that coming ever since they have started creating random nicknames for each other.

Sam raised his eyebrows in surprise at Bucky's red cheeks. He huffed out a small laugh. He has not seen Bucky blushed or looked shy before and it actually looks really cute on Bucky.

"Oh my God. You liked that, don't you? You liked being called Jamie." Sam points out, smiling widely.

Bucky's lips twitch.

"Shut the hell up."

"I am so telling Steve about this," Sam said while taking out his phone.

"Don't you dare, Sammy!" Bucky grumbles, grabbing Sam's wrist to stop him.

Sam froze for a moment at the new nickname. Sammy, huh? He smiles.

"Okay, fine. I won't, Jamie." Sam replies, holding Bucky's vibranium arm off his wrist.

And if Sam is holding Bucky's hands for an extended amount of time than necessary, none of them commented on it.

•••