"𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭."

6.

"Hey angel, what are you doing?" Bucky asks, entering the kitchen wearing nothing but sweatpants.

Sam turns to look at Bucky, pausing to look at him from head to toe appreciatively before humming thoughtfully.

"Making breakfast. Want some?" Sam offers, cracking an egg and pouring it onto the pan.

"Yeah. Thanks."

Sam set aside some for Steve — who went to get groceries right after their morning run together. He placed a plate in front of Bucky and another for himself. Bucky digs in and moans in delight.

"God, have I ever tell you that I like you?" Bucky hums, appreciating every bite.

Sam looks amused. "Aw, you like me, babe?"

Bucky froze slightly, realizing what he had just said. He clears his throat, ignoring the blush creeping up his cheeks.

"Yeah, I do. Do you have a problem with that, sweetheart?" Bucky admits, putting down his utensils.

Sam's eyes widened slightly. Oh. Oh.

Bucky watches Sam's expression, ready to accept a rejection coming his way.

"Wait. You like me as like like or just like as a friend?" Sam asks, rambling.

"I like like you. As in I want to date you." Bucky said, clarifying himself.

"Oh."

"Oh? What is that supposed to mean?" Bucky frowns.

Sam said nothing for a moment. The silence was loud and the tension in the room is starting to get suffocating. Sam suddenly stood up, the drag of the chair is deafening.

Sam walks over to Bucky with long strides before cupping Bucky's cheeks and kissed him deeply. Sam pulls away, watching Bucky's reaction. Bucky grins, wrapping his arms around Sam's waist. Sam chuckles softly, one of his hands holding the back of Bucky's neck and another on Bucky's cheeks, tilting his head up before kissing him again.

The first thing Steve came back to their apartment is that his best friends are currently making out in the kitchen. His jaw drops.

"What the-" Steve said, stunned.

The couple pulls away, noticing Steve's presence. Nobody said a word, just staring at each other wordlessly. Steve had a look on his face, expecting an explanation.

Sam just smirked before looking back at Bucky. "Your room or mine, my love?"

Bucky grins back cheekily. "Yours, sweetheart."

Sam pulls Bucky up and pulling him along. Steve watched them, confused. Bucky had a giddy smile.

"Steve, thank you for introducing me to your friend," Bucky said, grinning as he walks past Steve.

The couple giggles as they locked the door. Steve groans, already able to hear his friends whispering things that he does not want to hear behind closed doors due to his enhanced hearing. Steve placed the groceries on the counter before grabbing the keys again.

"At least warn me in advance so I do not have to come back and get scarred forever!" Steve yelled before closing the door behind him and heading towards the Avengers Compound.

"I think we scarred Steve forever now," Sam said as he runs his hands through Bucky's soft and fluffy hair.

"You think? We basically made him want to move out and take up Stark's offer to stay in the Avengers Compound again." Bucky said, smiling lazily as he shifts closer to Sam, laying his head on Sam's chest.

Sam chuckled. "Hey, at least we have the house to ourselves now."

"What happened to your plan on living in the Avengers Compound?" Bucky asks, tilting his head up to look at Sam.

Sam looks at Bucky in his arms fondly. "I think I like this better."

Bucky hums in agreement.

"I like you too, James." Sam finally replied to Bucky's confession earlier.

Bucky looks at Sam in surprise. His lips tug up into a wide smile. "Mm. I guess I finally earned it for you to call me 'James', huh?"

"Don't push your luck, baby." Sam grins.

Bucky laughs. Yeah, he could work with Sam calling him endearing nicknames from now on. After all, nicknames are their thing — whether it was an insult or flattery.

- END -

[A/N]: that concludes the end of my short sambucky story. aaaaa its my first ship fic ever so im not sure how well i did. im not too confident to create a long fic so i created this short story! :P

ive been obsessed with sambucky since civil war and tfatws fed me with so much sambucky content that i have to create this fic lmfao. i hope you enjoyed this story <3