[4] Girl [4]

And then he saw her, sat on a tall flat rock, looking at the last of the sunset.

Y/N breathed in the fresh air, watching the colour go deeper and deeper into the ocean. It looked like a movie to her, how the waves splashed on the grey rocks, making them a darker colour. She could see the outlines of the other islands in the distance. She subconsciously smiled at them before getting the creeping feeling someone was watching her.

Looking down at her shoes and watching her legs kick in the air.

Sapnap just watched. He didn't know that someone else would be there, let alone someone he hadn't seen in town before. But trying not to be the creepy man staring at the girl, so he looked away awkwardly.

It was weird to him to say the least. If you was the Prince of a kingdom where you value your people and try to make changes of sorts to benefit those people. You would see some recognizable faces with those townspeople to the fact where you see everyone walking down the streets and recognize them some way or the other.

It could be the legal documents which is Sapnap's chore of some sorts to filter through and try not to see any wrongs in the supposed to be rights. Or it could be those people who come to the palace on the top of the hill in search for money In exchange for produce or special goods. Which Sapnap has to attend to keep his image, as his father and mother say is the main responsibility for a royal.

And when the two people on the beach eyes meet, he doesn't notice her from the files and paperwork. Doesn't notice her from the exchange or from her being a regular shopkeeper downtown or a friendly face to walk past in the streets.

And that is why it is weird for him.

Y/N narrowed her eyes in the black ones looking at her. Seeing if it is a member of her fathers organisation that had to escort her home or a friend that found her randomly. Yet she doesn't recognize him either.

Two strangers at a beach, both for the same means of being there. Both with the same chance of becoming friends with the other.

Y/N was the first to take initiative of their first encounter. The corner of her lips turning for her to smile, which he reciprocated with a nod of acknowledgement.

Then they went back to whatever they were doing at that beach;

Y/N watches the sun drop below the ocean still sat on the rock, the architecture of buildings surrounding that body of water before it fills the entire horizon. Only leaving silhouettes of other islands across from that water.

And Sapnap sat on the grains of sand. Watching it sift through his hands when he brought his hand up from the grains. He was more interested in the water. The way it swirled against rocks and lightened to a white when it splashed against the now darker stones. Very selfconsious of the clock in his mind, which figured out a rough draft of the time and when the water will rise up the bed of sand and submerge it in its wrath.

They have roughly 10 minutes before it starts to move if his calculations were correct.

And when that time started to tick down, and the Prince realised the timing was off by 5 minutes. Already starting to move away from the raging waters. Y/N stayed, with her now legs crossed over each other and the orange colour of the sky started to fade away.

Sapnap thought of maybe warning her of the water levels. Telling her the tide was going to push into the sand and how it would be harder for her to get down when that time finally arrives.

But he doesn't. Minding his own business with the tiny ounce of guilt and left.

--

a/n

Sorry for the bad upload schedule! I'll try and post more in this month :)

Love you!

MWAH
689 words