[5] What. [5]

Y/N kicked her feet off her bed, her father standing up very straight with his hands clasped together at his front beside her. He always had a strange way of expressing his anger. You could barely even see he was angry unless you squint. But with Y/N having to be around him for so long then she would see the telling signs. As in his stance or when his jaw tightens. When he is exceptionally straight with posture then she knows something is up.

And seeing as Wilbur recently saw her sneak back into the underground only a couple of minutes ago, and being a traitor and promptly telling her father. She also knows why he is mad.

"You know it's dangerous leaving by yourself, how many times do I have to tell you Y/N?" It was a rhetorical question, she stayed silent. Knowing from experience not to talk back to a mafia boss of all people.

Wilbur leaned on the door frame to her room, looking equally as annoyed and even more tired. "You are very lucky you didn't run into anyone." Her father continued with a stern face. "Nobody must know who you are except me and my workers, do you understand me?"

Y/N bit her tongue, not saying a word about the boy on the beach. "Yes, father."

"And I am going to order people to keep watch over you. To say I am disappointed is an understatement." The man continued, staying in the same place. Not even moving to the side the tiniest bit. Y/N looked over to Wilbur, who just shook his head.

"Of course father." She spoke, turning away from the man in her doorway to look at her now steady and very wet shoes. The tide went in faster today. 

"The rules will only heighten from here missy. No more leaving this place." Y/N tried to but in with her own words, but her father only kept going. "People will be patrolling at your door at all times of the day-" Her previous freedom turned into rules where she couldn't even leave and walk around without a guard following her. They also had to keep tabs of her whereabouts and if there are spaces where she wasn't documented meaning even more restrictions.

"Oh. And don't even think you are going on that mission today. This has only proved me right that you are utterly incapable to do such a thing." His words stung slightly. Even the look on Wilbur's face grew slightly annoyed.

"With all due respect, sir." Wilbur inserted himself, "She is more than capable of doing the job. With being her trainer, I should kn-"

"Who gave you the right to speak?" The man interrupted, not looking at the person who tried changing such a solid opinion.

"I am sorry sir. But you could even watch her if you want- she has nearly accidentally killed someone in her latest spars." Wilbur spoke so highly of her. "Even 187- your best guard said she was great at calculations."

Her father's head slowly turned towards the man at the door, "I'm her parent. I think I know what to do."

Wilbur stepped down. "Sorry, sir."

The man turned back to his daughter. Who just sat on her bed, head lowered to look at the floor. Silence passed. Wilbur excused himself, leaving the two of them alone.

"You broke my trust Y/N. What even went through your head to think of putting yourself in such danger." He disciplined. "You are only a child-"

"I am not a child, father. I am 20 years old. 4 of your workers are younger than me." She corrected. His jaw ticked.

"But you are more important than them." He answered. Some sort of truth behind it. Bending down to her level where she was sat. "And if you get hurt. Then I won't forgive myself. I am only doing this for your safety." The man's hand came and forced her to look at him. "All of this protection is for you. You can at least respect it and stay in line."

"I have been staying in line my whole life. I don't need guards patrolling my every move." Y/N spoke back. The father's hand is still on the girl's jaw, keeping her head in one place, "I can take care of myself."

The man just sighed. Letting go of her and standing up straight. With a little tug on his waistcoat. The man made his way to the still-open door. Stopping right by it to say one last thing.

"Not when the royals know of our existence."

Y/N froze. "What."

"You heard me. Get up at 8 am, you have training until 3 pm with 331, 243 and 245."

With that, he left with a slam of a door. Seconds later more arguing commenced outside the door, Wilbur's voice only small under her fathers.

--

a/n

sorry this is kind of sort and the so spaced out uploads! i speed ran this in the span of 30mins so that has to say something.

i love you all!

MWAH
823 words