Safe Place

"Okay Peter one more time," Sparrow said as Peter sighed.

"Why do i need to learn how to build a fire, we live in the city," Peter informed as Anthony chuckled.

"Well lets say you go on your first mission with the Avengers out of the state's and you get seprated. You are in the woods by yourself with no way to call them and people are after you. They are looking for you but until they find you, you need to stay alive. How are you going to eat if you can't make a fire? So how about we see who can make a fire faster? Last time you did it under three minutes," Anthony smiled.

"Sparrow what are you doing?" Tony asked as peter was trying to start another small fire.

"Teaching Peter some life skills he needs to know. So far I taught him how to hot wire a car, shot a gun, fight without using his wepons or his powers and I also taught him how to drive a stick shift and an automatic," she said as Peter started a small fire after Anthony did and Anthony smiled at Peter happly.

"Sparrow I know you are looking out for him but most of this stuff he wount be able to use," Tony said as she smiled a bit as Anthony and Peter were laughing.

"I hope not but just in case," she said as she looked at them. If only if they could see what she saw in them.

Anthony smiled and waved at her, she waved back and she looked back at Tony.

"You have a really big heart Sparrow I know someday you will find the person you are looking for," Tony said as she shouck her head.

"I dont think so, people like me we dont get to grow old, we all die horrable deaths. The ones that do grow old are cowards," she said as she went to go back to her room to grab some things.

Any fight she was ready to fight even if the cards were so beyond stacked against her that it was suicide to go she was ready to do it. The only thing that kept her alive was her family and she was willing to die for it. She did wonder if she ever was going to die fighting or die old. But she lived so long already and she was done with trying to find her perfect other half.

Steve hopped in the eleavator and stood next to Sparrow and she nodded. She was a lady of few words some days but her actions said a lot. He was nervious but he has to ask her now otherwise he might never get the guts to do it again.

"Do you want to grab something to eat tonight?" Steve asked as she looked at him confused.

"I am making dinner tonight, chicken and rice. With some vegetables and fruits on the side, I can put that on hold if you want to get take out for everyone," Sparrow said as he smiled a bit.

"No I mean just for the two of us," Steve informed as she looked at him as if he just turned green.

"Why the two of us? It doesn't seem fair to the others," shr added.

"Because i was asking you on a date," he smiled.

She paused for a second but now she wad concerned about his well being.

"Are you asking me because I changed in front of you that one time or is it because of something else? I think you might be getting ill because no one in there right mind would ever date me," shr informed.

"I would because I like you alot. You are smart and funny and I just really like you as a person," he informed.

"Thank you Steve, I guess it couldn't hurt I never went out on a date before," she said as he smiled and the elavator stopped.

"See you tonight then I will pick you up at 8," Steve said as the doors closed.

It was like pulling teeth but at least he got it done. Peter was out and about now doing what teens do on the weekends but for some strange reason Sparrow was worried. It had been quite, to quite since hydra went after her. She knew her brother would never give up easily but mayne for now she could have peace of mind maybe. She decided to wear a black dress to dinner. As she was attempting to do her make up her hands were shaking. She didnt know if it was because so many of the Avengers were out on the town or because had her first date. She never went on one and that could make her nervious right?

"Hey Sparrow you look offly nice going out?" Loki asked as she paused then sighed.

"Yes but I have a bad feeling. Its been to quite for hydra recently. I think I should ask everyone to text me when I text them," she said as Loki chuckled.

"You worry to much just you be careful if you think hydra is waiting for you," Loki said as he left to go to the elevator. Steve came by a couple minutes later as she finshed ber make up and was texting every one to make sure she knew if they were okay.

"Ready to go?" Steve asked as he smiled seeing her all dressed up.

"Yes, i was just worried and texted everyone where they were going to be at," she informed as she texted where they were going to be at.

"Okay let's go," Steve said as they headed off to a nice restaurant. 

The entire car ride she was quite and nervious. She kept looking outside because this sinking feeling was frowing larger every second. At the restaurant she did the same thing and people watched as well.

"Sparrow are you alright?" Steve asked as the urge to find Peter was growing stronger. He never texted her back.

"I dont think this was a good idea. I been having this bad feeling since Peter has left the tower. He hasn't texted me back and my gut feelings are never wrong," she said as Steve sighed a bit.

She was nervious about there date and now he knew she wasn't ready for it and looking for an excuse to leave.

"Okay we can look for Peter," steve said as Sparrow got up quickly to leave. But before they could Peter landed on top of car crushing the roof.

He wasnt wearing his Spider-Man uniform but in regular school cloths.

"Peter!" She screamed as Stev looked at her horrafied and shocked.

She was right. Peter got off the car weakly as a man quickly grabbed him by his neck and looked at Sparrow with cold blue eyes.

"This brat one of yours?!" He chuckled as her eyes filled with rage.

"Put my son down!" She yelled as as she pulled out her pen sword and went outside to fight.

"Nice to see you in a dress for once, are you gping to spread your legs like how you used to for all those men?!" He laughed as she scoffed. Several men with guns surrounded them all pointing there wepons at her.

"Sparrow my Aunt they hurt her real bad, she needs a hospital," Peter said as he tried getting away from the guy holding him but he squeezed tighter.

"You think you can stop me from taking the boy go a head and try. But I hope you know every one of your family members is facing the same fate you are. I wounder how the boy you saved so many years ago will think of you when his pregnant wife is dead at his feet?!" He laughed as Sparrow froze in place. The Tower was supposed to be a safe place, her whole family was going to be gone in an instant again.

"My job is to protect my family from people like you! No one will die today if I can help it!" She yelled as Steve sent out an emergcey text then started to recoding what was being said.

He hoped they got the message before all hell was going to break lose.

"Lets see who wins Black Rose, it would be nice to have your head in my wall!" He growled as he threw Peter on the ground hard.

"Steve stay inside you don't have a wepon," she ordered as she didn't even know if she was even going to make it out a live herself. As long as she could buy time for the others to get away that was fine by her. She was willing to go back to hydra as long as none of her children were forced to go with her.