Ch 2: A Sister, Dear

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The clock struck seven exactly just as she put the newest addition to sleep next to Dudley. She really needed a name for the little one, maybe she would name the baby after Lily? Petunia shrugged to herself as she hid the envelope inside the back of the lowest drawer and went back downstairs. That would have to be read later.

Petunia managed make a quick breakfast for her husband and plated it just as he came down the stairs. Vernon Dursley gave a grunt in contempt acknowledgment when she placed the food before him and proceeded to eat without so much as a "Thank You" her way. She rolled her eyes when she turned back to the stove to make herself a lighter breakfast.

When Vernon left for the day, Petunia made both children bottles and woke Dudley first to feed him. When the little chunky boy finished up, she burped him and placed him down again. Dudley seemed to finally notice his new companion as his mother picked 'her' up. He stared as she was fed and burped as well. Finally, he seemed to gain the courage to ask who she was.

Petunia laughed quietly as Little Dudley poked the other child in wonder when she set her down, Dudley turned to his mother with questioning eyes. With a smile Petunia held his hand and with the other pointed to the little girl and said, "This is your little sister dear. You have to be nice, love her and protect her from everyone who makes her feel sad or tries to hurt her."

Dudley turned back to the little girl and examined her carefully, then seeming satisfied with his scrutiny, he nodded and smiled. He scooted over and gave his new little sister a hug and kiss on one cheek. Petunia smiled widely knowing he would indeed protect her as any brother should.

Petunia then remembered the magical peoples letter. She sighed nervously before grabbing the letter once more and opening it. As she read she felt herself go pale and soon tears fell from her eyes.

' Dear Petunia Dursley née Evens, this letter is to inform you of your sister's, Lily J. Potter née Evens, untimely death. She was murdered on Saturday, October 31st of 1981 by an evil wizard named Voldemort. She and her husband, James Fleamont Potter, left behind their only child, Harry (Harrison) James Potter. We ask that you keep him in your care until the age of Seventeen, when he is considered an adult in the Ministry of Magic's eyes. Please note and be aware, he was born with a strong magical core and will be doing plenty of accidental magic soon. We wish for you to know and expect that he will receive a Hogwarts letter on his eleventh birthday.

~ With my sincerest condolences,

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore,

Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry '

Petunia felt guilt and shame run through her body. Why hadn't she tried harder to get in touch with Lily? Why did she give up after realizing she didn't know how to contact her sister? Oh, that's right, because she was still feeling bitter at the time when Lily had chosen to leave her family behind. She hated herself for not trying harder, now her precious sister was dead.

She looked up, startled by a small hand touching her. Not knowing when it was that she had crouched in front of the children's bed. The new addition to their home had her hand placed on Petunia's head, gently patting her. The little girl smiled and Petunia couldn't help but smile back.

With a sniffle she placed the letter back into the envelope and hid it inside the cabinet once more. She picked up the little girl and held her carefully, deep in thought.

"Lillian Acacia Calla Evans.", she stated. "Yes, that is perfect for you dear, Lillian after your mother. Not that horrid name 'Harry'. Now you, my dear Lillian, will be my little princess as Dudley is my little prince."

Petunia gave a small twirl and replaced the newly named Lillian back into the crib. She placed some toys into the crib with the children before going off to do a few chores for the day. Deciding to go buy some baby clothes for Lillian in the evening a few hours before Vernon was back from work.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Well then, it's grand writing for all of you lovely chaps, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆