Ch 7: A Hissy New Friend

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The next morning Lillian made her way back to where she and Dudley came across the snake. She had decided to stay at the treehouse today because Dudley had an appointment at the doctors, a check up for something.

Lillian wanted to search for the snake for two reasons. The first, was that snakes didn't just turn around and scent you for no reason. There had to be a reason for the strange behavior.

The second reason, was that she really wanted a pet snake. Snakes had always been Lillian's favorite animal and her mother wouldn't mind if she brought home a new pet. So that's what her goal was for now. Look for the snake.

She climbed over a moss covered log and crouched to take a closer look at the muddy ground. It was foggy inside the forest making it hard to see even with the sun blazing outside the thick brush. Tracking was her newest endeavor, and she thought it was going pretty well.

Trying to track the snake had its difficulties, that being that it was really wet and slippery. The minimal amount of tracks there could have been may have washed away by now. Hopefully there would be something for her to follow the snake by.

A hiss from the underbrush caught her attention and she crouched to see better. There sitting in a swirl was the pretty snake seemingly sleeping. Lillian laid down and watched it, scanning it's lovely scales.

A Black adder snake with oat colored zigzags, 'what a beautiful snake' she thought happily.

Half an hour passed and as she watched the little snake slithered closer. Hissing the snake scented the air and booped her nose lightly in greeting. Lillian smiled and giggled leaning forward to boop it back.

Feeling a raindrop hit her nose she sat up and sighed, "I have to leave now little one." Pausing in thought as she contemplated her options, "Do you want to come home with me? I'm sure mum won't mind you coming along."

The small snake looked as if it was thinking the offer over and when it started coming closer Lillian smiled. She held her hand out and waited patiently as the little thing slithered up onto her palm.

Once it settled Lillian carefully placed it in her pocket and zipped it up. She stood and started a leisurely walk back home even as the rain began to come down harder.

Running through the park as a shortcut she finally made it home. Completely drenched from head to toe but smiling happily. After squeezing some water out of her clothes and taking her shoes off, she opened the door and stepped inside.

Quickly going up the stairs Lillian grabbed some fresh clothes to change into after a shower. Taking her jacket off carefully as to not hurt the snake, she placed it near the end of her bed on the floor before going off to have a hot shower.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Alrighty chaps, it's grand writing for all of you lovely people, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆