Ch 9: A Different Form

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lillian hadn't said anything to her mother even when the migraines she gained had become unbearable. It wasn't because Vernon told her not to, it was because she wasn't even sure what to say.

She hadn't seen it coming until the last possible second and then pain was all she could feel. Maybe she hit her head and just imagined Vernon hitting her? No, that reasoning was stupid.

In the end, she had decided not to tell either of her beloved family unless it happened again. Which was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Not three days passed since she brought her new companion home that something else happened. She had been outside resting in the grass with her new friend when Vernon stepped out and came stomping over.

He grabbed her by the upper arm and dragged her inside, barely missing the snake on his way through. She stumbled as she tried to walk but kept tripping over because of Vernon's pulling.

When they reached the kitchen he threw her onto the stove and demanded food be made. She yelped in pain as her arm was burnt by the heat of the metal plate.

He waddled away into the living room as she cradled her arm with tears brimming in her eyes. It was only three in the afternoon, Dudley and her mother wouldn't be back until five, which meant she had to quickly do this and get out.

She rushed to grab a pan, deciding to make a simple but effectively filling meal of a bacon filled burger. Lillian greased the pan and slid ground beef with some bacon into it to cook. She placed to halves of a bun into the oven to toast up while she cut a few slices of lettuce to add into it.

Just as the timer for the bread went off, the beef sputtered, and she turned to slip it out of the pan. Grabbing some tongs she gingerly placed the two buns onto a plate and proceeded to build up the burger as the bacon simmered inside the extra grease.

She placed the bacon in and closed up the burger after squeezing some sauces in. Carefully turning the stove off, she took the plate in her hands making sure to grab extra things on her way to the living room.

Hearing the commercials start she entered silently and handed her uncle the knife and fork as she placed the plate down with a napkin on the side. He grunted, and she hurried to wash and dry the dishes, soon she was up the stairs.

Lillian silently made her way to the loo to put burn cream onto her arm and wrapped it carefully. Going downstairs and out the door, only somewhat stopping to pick up her scaled friend.

She jogged towards the small park a few streets away slowing down into a walk as she neared the noise of children playing. Idly kicking at the small pebbles that littered the pavement.

Looking up, she noticed a man standing near the end of the gate, staring out into the throng. He gave her an uneasy feeling and for a moment contemplated turning back to instead go into the forest.

Pausing in thought, she watched as the man sidled away from view of the adults at the park. Frowning, Lillian took a step back, only to take off into a brisk walk forwards to one of the mothers she knew, Mrs. Ellis.

She smiled at the woman and sat next to her calmly speaking even as her insides twisted in discomfort. Asking her to please call for an officer because a man had been creeping on the children for a long time now.

The woman took on a serious tone as she asked if Lillian was sure. When she nodded, the woman dialed quickly and explained what was happening to the officer on the line.

She asked them to come silently and to look for a man in a red jacket, dark blue jeans and yellow button down shirt. Light eyes, slightly crooked nose, fair skin, and blond hair.

It took only about three minutes before a cruiser made its way down the street the same way Lillian had come. It creeped up behind the man and the two officers were on the guy before he had noticed them.

They had a quick interrogation and cuffed him. One officer placed him into the car while the other walked towards Lillian and Mrs. Ellis, he asked them how long exactly he had been there since she saw him and a few other questions before leaving.

The ever mothering Mrs. Ellis had Lillian stay with her and her son until Petunia could come pick her up, making arrangements for tea time.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Alrighty people, it's grand writing for all of you lovely folks, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆