Ch 8: Talk To Me

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Stepping out of the shower, Lillian worried when remembering that she hadn't mopped the floors after coming inside all drenched. Dressing herself quickly in a grass green long sleeve, white skirt and white stockings she half scrunched her hair with a towel to dry it off a little.

Tip-toeing into the hall, she quietly made her way to her room to collect her wet clothes (minus the shirt the snake was in) while trying to avoid the little droplets and puddles. After depositing her clothes in the wash, she scooped up a mop from the hallway closet on her way back to the stairs.

She mopped up the wet spots in the upstairs hall, stairs, and then the floor from the stairs to the back door. When she was heading back through the hall to place the mop back in its place, she heard the squeaking of floorboards behind her.

Turning quickly, she faced Vernon and only just managed to brace herself when catching sight of a raised hand. The loud resonating sound of a slap and thud echoed throughout the house as Lillian's body hit the wall harshly.

A splitting pain clawed at her mind and cheek as she slid down to the floor on her knees. While carefully holding her head in a vain attempt to stop the world from spinning, she wondered if that really just happened.

Vernon paid no mind to her pain as he shouted at her- not that she could understand him, the whole world was muffled and bright. Becoming annoyed at her unresponsive figure he kicked her on the side in anger. Then without a care, the large man continued on down the stairs as if nothing had happened.

Lillian stayed perched on her knees in dizzying pain faintly hearing a voice saying, "I Told You So." Giving a small chuckle, she stood and made her way into her room, locked the door and slept the rest of the day away.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Alrighty folks, it's grand writing for all of you lovely chaps, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆