Ch 10: My Turn To Shine

[ A/N: The Artwork is done by me.♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Lillian was excited for her day to start. Today was the day her mother would take her uniform shopping for her first school year. A private school for girls, Madelyn Academy, for ages seven to eighteen.

This was her first year, and she was excited to finally be able to go to school like Dudley did. Lillian had been reading anything she could that Dudley lent her, including the dictionary, so she could understand bigger words better. She was on his level in his classes because she had been studying with him and helping him when he needed it.

Now it was her time to shine in school too and the excitement she felt could burn through the earth's core. Skipping along next to her mother she glanced around at all the other shops and made a mental note to ask if they could buy a new book or three today too.

When the two ladies entered the uniform shop they were met with a tall woman dressed in an elegant navy blue suite. She smiled and asked them calmly what school Lillian was to go. "Madelyn Academy." Petunia said with a smile.

The woman, who said to call her Eva, smiled wide at the mention of the name and walked the two to a section farther to the back. She spoke in a happy tone of how she had gone to the Academy when young and how it would be a wonderful place for Lillian to grow her knowledge of the world.

There were two choices of both summer and winter uniform white shirts. Short or long sleeves with lace trim, or no sleeves for summer and long thicker sleeves with lace trim for winter time.

Two types of stockings for both winter and summer and two types of under dress and petticoats with lace trim for the whole outfit. All the choices looked the same, the only difference being the fabric choices for the changing seasons.

The actual uniform on top was a navy blue. There was a jacket, skirt, tie, shoes, and coat. The jacket was cropped a little above her waist, with long sleeves that puffed up a bit at the shoulder.

The skirt was slightly teacup shaped and plaited at the waistline, a wide strip of cloth wrapped around her thin body and had eight buttons on the front that clasped the skirt closed. Two inches long strips of the navy fabric attached at the front, over her shoulders to cross at her back, effectively holding the skirt up.

The tie was more of a cravat that had lace trim and was pinned down by a small pin that Lillian would receive when she entered the school. Eva said the pin would indicate what year you were in and that there were twelve in total. The stockings were both in navy blue and white for both seasons, with the choice of getting them embroidered for extra charge.

The shoe choices were more limited, you could choose between slip on's with ankle ties, ankle boots, or calf-length boots, all in navy blue. Lillian, like many others girls, loved style and this school had style pouring from the uniform alone.

Looking through the uniforms together Lillian and Petunia decided it would be best to get the sleeveless top for summer and sleeved top for winter. She was going to be wearing the jacket most of the time anyway, and she had a few thin, long sleeved shirts to wear under if she wanted to take her jacket off.

Lillian chose both white and navy blue leggings for winter and only the white for summer. The slip-on's for summer and calf-length boots for winter. She had thought of getting the ankle boots too but she really only needed the two others.

After, trying on both the summer uniform and the winter uniform, she and Petunia paid and left the shop happily. Lillian couldn't wait to show Dudley how stylish and cute her uniform was.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[ A/N: Alrighty everyone, it's grand writing for all of you lovely chaps, good day/night and Thank You to everyone reading my story!♡ ]

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆