30. Birthday 3

A/N: YOOHOO! ~ SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY HEHE~ THIS WILL BE THE LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING!!

"R, right! There's something I want to give you!"

Overwhelmed by my embarrassment, I thought that I had to persevere no matter what. I gently pried myself away from him and took out his birthday present from the bag on the table.

When I suggest to Philip that he sit on the couch, he moved right away. I sat beside him, took a deep breath, and presented the paper bag to him.

"This is your birthday present! Although it isn't a big deal, won't you please accept it?"

"...For me?"

"...Is there anyone else who's having a birthday today?"

When I said that and laughed, Philip blankly received it. "Thank you." He spoke with a hint of confusion. He then asked me if he could open it. To be honest, I would have preferred he open it at home because it was embarrassing. In the end, I softly nodded.

He gently and politely opened the bag. He acted as if he were dealing with a treasure. Then, he took out the box containing the necklace. The moment he opened the box, his eyes went wide in surprise.

Eventually, his line of sight turned towards my neck. To tell the truth, I was wearing the same necklace that day.

"It's the same necklace as you're wearing..."

"Yes, it is. W-well, if you don't like it, you don't have to wear it." I sputtered.

From Philip's bright golden eyes, large, pear-like, tears quietly spilled. It took me a long time to understand that he was crying.

"...Forgive me, I'm truly happy."

I never thought he'd be so happy that he'd cried. I couldn't hide my bafflement.

...How much does this person love me?

Towards his expression and words, I started wanting to cry as well. I bit my lips to endure my blurring vision.

"I will wear this for the rest of my life. Thank you very much."

My chest constricted at Philip's overjoyed smile. It made him look like a child.

At the same time, love and delight permeated into the depths of my body. I became painfully aware that I loved him.

Philip wiped his tears, laughed shyly, and looked into the paper bag again.

"...Is there something else inside?"

"Y, yes, but I'm not confident..."

The contents of the other pouch he took out were none other than my homemade cookies. After going shopping with Rex, I consulted with Jamie and she said giving him something handmade would be sweet.

As I had already given him a lot of embroideries, I decided to give him handmade sweets. Afterwards, I practiced with my chef many times. I also used a cute mold. Eventually, I managed to make cookies that looked and tasted normal.

"Viola made this?"

"Yes, I did."

He narrowed his eyes. "I'm so happy." Then, he picked a flower-shaped cookie and put it in his mouth. I made sure to taste-test the cookies many times, but I still felt nervous.