1

Coming home after a stressful day is the best thing. finally i can relax and enjoy the evening. But let me check if I have anything in the fridge, that is relevant to the pasta I want to make. Getting all ingredients ready , i started cooking. The aroma is going to make my neighbours jealous. As they only get to eat takeout and not homemade food. And takeout can never be as good as homemade ones. Am going to pack some for my old neighbour next door. Iris is an old who needs help and care. Am bringing this beer to relax myself in the lawn at my backyard, so that I can watch the sun set. Knocking on iris's door, I said hello  iris, I brought this pasta for you. Care to have it, she said, of course dear am very grateful. Nobody remembers the old woman  in their neighborhood. Thank yo so much. You are welcome iris, if you need anything feel free to ask me. No problem dear thanks. Coming back to my house, I carried the beer I brought out earlier and went to the lawn. I was sitting on my swing, when I heard a sudden sound of a cat. That is unusual I thought. I have seen this cat frequenting this place for the past few weeks now, but why does it come. Or maybe it belongs to one of the neighbours, poor youbi said as I carried it. Let's find your parent right, I went around the neighborhood asking if anyone owns the cat, all of them said this is the first time they are seeing the cat. They advised I should stay away from stray cats but I told them he is harmless. I took it back to my backyard and kept it on the swing. I told it let's go get you some milk even if am tired. Before I could turn around the cat vanished into thin air. What the heck I thought,  I need to restored I might soon go crazy I thought. I went in and brought some milk, coming out I searched for the cat but couldn't find it. A strong wind blew me off and I fell, I looked around and found nothing. So I went into the house. Upon entering the house, I heard the door shut by it self. I turned around and found nothing also, I sighed and said my mind is playing games With me. Maybe it's due to stress so I should sleep it off. Putting the milk back into the fridge, the lights began to flicker. That got me worried as this neighborhoods light is always stable, I think it has to do with my fuse. I went to check but everything was normal. The lights came back so I offed the kitchen light, and that of the other rooms. I switched off my rooms light and on my bedside lamp. I pulled the comforter over myself and fell into a deep sleep. I turned around in my sleep, when I felt my comforter was no more over me, I looked over and saw the comforter moving by itself to the ground. I got scared and decided to close my eyes till morning comes. When morning came, I went into my bathroom to Clean myself up, I was busy thinking of the strange things happening in my house. I was looking at myself in the mirror as I saw dark circles underneath my eyes due to stress, I kept brushing my teeth. As I was about to throw the toothpaste foam out of my mouth,  I heard a baby's cry. I looked around to find where the sound was coming from, only to find it was from the sink. I backed away stunned at this I quickly rinsed my mouth and ran to my room, to get dressed. As I was about to wear my earrings, turning towards the mirror I saw a looming Shadow but couldn't make out anything except it's yellow eyes. I got scared and carried my bag and ran out of the house. I went to work disheveled as everyone was giving me wary looks. I ignored all the stares and commenced my work. After finishing, I doubted if I want to go home. So I decided to visit my neighbour iris and asked for her help. I narrated everything to her, and she told me am been haunted by a spirit. And the cat I found, touching it was a mistake as it would always find me. She said I could stay at her hose until we find a person that can perform exorcism on my house. I thanked her and requested for some clothes. She borrowed me some of her jumpers which are oversized. I sat on the bed of the room she gave me, thinking what wrong did I do.

Chapter one is up, how was it. I hope you all enjoyed it. Comment and vote for this story as it's very important to me.

Ciao happy reading.