Erica

I'm getting ready for my usual run around campus before all my classes in the afternoon. Hmm maybe I should pack my brunch so that I can eat on the trail. I pack quickly, and put on my sneakers. I set a brisk pace to the front of school, because it's chilly out, and I want to get this over with. When I'm turning the corner I find Zoe opening the front door as well. Ughh, looks like we both had the idea of a morning run, and I can't blame the girl. Rumor has it that she tried to do something with Ben. Knowing her it probably wasn't as scandalous as the rumors make it sound. I'm not too worried about how awkward the run is going to be, especially if we take the same trail. After all, Zoe and I aren't the most iconic duo. We probably fit into the 'unrealistic partnership' category. I'm walking along the trail now, and I ease into a jog. Zoe isn't too far ahead of me but she seems to be breaking the pace. I'm not going to change my running habits because of some drama. I keep my steady pace behind her. A good half hour into a our little run, she shouts back at me (nearly out of breath may I add), "If we run the same path how come this is our first spotting of each other on the same path?"

"Isn't it obvious? I run at five am, I woke up late," I say gasping a little. 

"You? Wake up late? Please, I bet you planned this out to get on my nerves," 

"Oh please, aren't we past this," I say calmly as I use up the rest of my energy to run ahead of her." This will definitely come bite me in the back later on. 

And it did. Oh it did.