Ben

I sigh and close my laptop. At least I got a little work done. I gingerly step over the baked goods and birthday presents askew on the floor. The rats had left a crap ton of trash too. Whatever the mess came with the group, I loved them. I snap my new album shut and put it alongside my new polaroid. I get into a pair of sweat pants and slide into the new t-shirt that Mike presented me with proudly. In the far left corner in very tiny script it reads Totally not a spy ™. My eyes are closed for what feels like a second before I hear a knock-knock-knock at my door. I roll my eyes, "Hurry up and pick the lock," I check my watch. Its freaking 12:01. "Hi," Trixie's voice comes in softly from the door. "I come bearing gifts," she holds up a small bag. I grumble a few words and she walks over to where I'm lying. "Skootch over," I make room for her, and she sits on top of my comforter. She searches through her bag, and comes up with those tiny battery powered candles and a small tub of ice cream. 
"Aww. You really shouldn't have," I say with a straight face. She flicks on a candle right in front of my eyes. "Y'know Ben, I really like you," She pulls out a tablet from her bag as well. The silence extends while she types up something into a search bar. A few taps later and she pulls up a show. 

"You should really watch some of these kids shows. I swear, they are better than literally anything else out there," She chirps. Its crazy how she radiates a similar vibe as Catherine. I squint at the bright screen. "Is this the Amazing World of Gumball?" 

"Good, you aren't totally uncultured," she mumbles something about potential before pressing play. I'm way too tired for this but I keep my eyes open and watch along with her. "Y'know I really like you too," I say when it ends. She had taken a few bites of the ice cream before tilting her head back to watch. I glance over to where her head rests on my extra pillow. She fell asleep. "And what you said about these TV shows? You're right," I wrap her up with my blanket. I lift her up easily, and put the tablet on her chest. I toe open the door into the night. I don't actually know where her dorm is so I go to Erica's. Her eyes flutter open a little just as I reach Erica's door. "I think you're a good match," she mumbles before resting her head on my shoulder. I get the sense she's talking about Erica and I, but I think I might just need some sleep. 

A minute later Erica opens the door, where she was also probably studying. "I bring gifts," I mumble. Her eyes glow a little, and she lifts Trixie from my arms. "Thanks,"

I turn to leave, but she's surprisingly fast, because she catches my hand before I go. I look over her shoulder to see Trixie's already tucked up in her bed. "Do you have the candles?" I hold up the bag I brought with me last second that Trixie had left at my dorm. Her eyes brighten, and she grips my hand tighter. I sigh and close my eyes as she locks her door and picks up the bag on the floor. "Just follow me, k?"

After walking under the stars for five minutes, Erica brings us back to the trail we had picnic'd at before. There's more candles surrounding a blanket, and a bottle of Gatorade. We both sit and unpack the ice cream and candles. "So. You didn't forget about my birthday," she shakes her head. "I could gift you some teeth if that would make you feel better," I laugh and bring my head to where hers looks up at the night sky. I pop open the Gatorade bottle. "A toast?" I raise it towards her. She lifts it up high and says, "A toast to Ben. The thwarter of Spyder. The terrible shot--err who's becoming better. And a toast to Ben, the boy who opened me up," She chugs the Gatorade as I stare at her in wonder and confusion. "Oh and happy birthday," she says as she cups my face. She pulls me closer so that I'm staring into her blue eyes under the blue sky. She kisses my nose, the press of her lips a source of heat. I close my eyes to her touch. She presses her forehead against mine under that lovely night sky.