Erica

"And you Miss Hale...an F," Professor Greenwold states in an all-business voice. I nod tightly, shielding my face from the scrutiny of her look. I did buy McDonalds, just to piss Zoe off. It was worth it though right? At times like these I'm glad that Grandpa gives me a lot of space concerning classes. I sigh and rub my forehead. More lectures on stuff I already know. Joy. 

"Mr. Principal has finally approved of our field trip to the beach," Mike falls into step with me as the last bell for the day rings. "We ride at dawn--err three P.M," 

"Alright," I say, my interest peaking at beach and three P.M. "Cool, cool..." he offers me a fist bump, which I swerve (cold, I know), and speed walk back to my dorm. I'm seriously debating skipping this trip. Wait no, if I don't go I'll have to attend an extra hour of lecture with the lovely professors. I repack my tote, not really paying attention to the random necessities I throw into it. My mind is a total mess today, I think as I lock up my dorm and head down to the hall. Now for social interaction. I check my watch, the screen reflecting back at me: 2:40. It's either be extra early and have a somewhat awkward talk with the bus driver. She's sweet though, and teenagers aren't. Plus all the seats in the back will be taken if I wait till the last minute to board. I've totally had my character development from that stage anyways. 

"Hi Ms. Lola," I smile a little as I put my tote by the side of the bus, where a few others are. She waves a little back at me. "Great day for the beach isn't it?" I nod and drag myself up the steps, having second thoughts. I hear the light spray of gravel behind me, and I check to see who it is. Ben doesn't meet my eye as he lifts up his backpack onto the loading compartment. And as he lifts mine beside it too. Ms. Lola catches the exchange and winks at me. Ben, you--