Hair Problems

(Sophie and Alex are ten at this point)

Sophie was just running along the wheat field with Alex to go to a play area.

Sophie had a pale yellow shirt and some jean shorts on with red rain boots. Her pale blonde hair was in two braids.

"I got my hair down," they sang in a sassy voice and flipped their hair.

"We don't even care."

"And to even fly away! Away! AWAY!"

They laughed and shuffled. Until they saw the dark skin girl with black hair and brown eyes telling the children to pay their taxes. People call her Marclara. She pretended she was better than everyone and take their money and candy.

"Say tree faller got some candy," Marclara asked Sophie, "Last I checked your brain ain't even half as big."

"You know she got no candy," Alex said.

"Forget it run," she told Alex.

Marclara and her buddy Crush chased them to a tree.

Alex and Sophie climbed a ladder. They quickly rolled it up, so they couldn't climb it.

"You ain't coming down til I get my candy," Marclara said. Crush growled at them like she was a dog.

"We ain't coming down."

They left as the popular group, who were girl scouts, came in.

Then came their troop leader with the clackes of her heels. Mrs. Miller was just as bad thought she was better than everyone else.

"Alright girls today we have a treat for you."

"What is it," Piper, the worst of the group said with her brown in a high braid.

"Shush, precious," Mrs. Miller told her.

After the meeting, Alex and Sophie could climb down.

Alex went to get some pinecones, leaving Sophie alone.

 Unfortunately, Piper was there with her group.

"Well, well, well," she said, "If it isn't tree faller."

"It was one time," Sophie said.

"Eh, still you have a brain the size of pea," she said.

Her friends snickered around her.

"Why you got to be so mean?"

Piper looked to see her friend with scissors. Sophie doesn't see this.

"Well how about you come with us for some fun."

Piper and her friend, Ruby each grabbed one of her arms and dragged her near a toy chest.

They were going to lock her in it, but not before Piper reached for Sophie's right braid.

"What are you doin," Sophie asked.

"Just a little touch up," Piper said. With that she took the scissors and cut Sophie's braid from the shoulder and locked her in the darkness.

For ten minutes she was banging on the roof shouting, "Hello? Can someone let me out? Hello?"

The top opened up to Mrs. Miller.

"Sophie, honey what are you doing in there," she asked.

Sophie stayed silent.

"Well when we get ourselves into a toy chest we wonder how do we get ourselves in there."

She walked away. Sophie's left braid was still in. But, the right side of her hair down only to her shoulder. Alex found her.

"Hey where were you," he asked.

"Piper," she mumbled.

"I love your hair, it's abstract," he said petting her right side of her hair, trying to make her feel better.

"Well, nothing ain't getting better that easy," she said.

They walked back to Sophie's RV.

"What the heck happened to your hair," her mother asked.

"Nothing," she responded.

"Who did this," she asked, as Sophie entered the bathroom and grabbed scissors and started to head out, followed by Alex.

"Why can't you just tell her she looks nice. What's wrong with y'all," Alex asked. HE slammed the door shut.

Sophie and Alex went to the lake as the sun was setting. Alex went by her and the left braid to her right side's length.

"Thanks," she told him.

"No problem," Alex said, "That's what best friends are for."

They went back to their homes when it was night. Sophie told her mother everything. Oralie was sorry for her. 

They went to bed for the night.