8. Percy Jackson

(A/N: Sorry I'm lateeeeeee)

Annabeth's eyes turned a stormy grey as the blond guy left the ice cream shop. "I think it's time we followed these people."

Percy stared at her. "I thought you said you never wanted to meet one."

"I did," she agreed. "But we need to find out what they are before we decide to kill them. " She glared at him.

"Hey," he argued. "I'm just saying they radiate something that is way  too powerful for a demigod. I'm just saying, they're either an extremely powerful god or goddess, or an extremely powerful monster." Percy shrugged. "Same thing either or."

The glare Annabeth gave him didn't waver, so Percy stood up too, following suit.

"So... how're we going to find them?"

Annabeth gave him a small smile, her intense grey eyes deep into planning.

Uh oh.

"We're going to follow that boy, duh, Seaweed Brain."

•••

The streets were filled with people, but Percy was sure the blond boy would be easy to follow. The boy was weird, and he was hot, so he wherever he went, all they had to look for was a bunch of squealing girls, right?

Turns out Percy wasn't completely wrong. The guy got stares everywhere he went, and he seemed pretty normal, walking around eating his ice cream, but again, monsters could look like normal innocent humans, no thanks to the Mist, but that was how they attacked.

The blonde guy turned around a corner, but then it looked like someone, or something was pulling him.

Percy rushed towards the corner, where the aura seemed overwhelmingly powerful, somewhere between running through jello and being around those really strong, nauseating perfumes.

When he got there though, his jaw dropped.

There was nothing there.

What the—

"Seaweed Brain, did you find something?" Annabeth asked as she ran up to him.

"That would explain why you're looking gawking over there like an idio—whoa." she trailed off.

"You feel it too, don't you?"

Percy nodded.

"But.... there's nothing there... Mist maybe?" she mused.

Annabeth walked towards the corner as Percy observed, but as she reached there,  jello like feeling the disappeared, and Percy felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted of him, which was something to say, since he had once held up the sky.

Annabeth looked back at Percy, eyes filled with shock, but they had a message that Percy knew couldn't be good.

 There's something wrong going on here.

Percy groaned and looked up at the sky giving a silent plea to the Fates.

Dear Fates, please accept this plea to let me and Annabeth have a normal date after this very annoying quest, hoping we survive this, and please weave my fate with something other than chasing monsters. Amen.

Percy wasn't sure about the Amen part, but he felt like he wouldn't be taken seriously.

And... maybe he didn't know how to pray. 

Annabeth took a deep breath. "How could gods and goddesses just walk around like, 'La-di-da nothing's wrong just chilling and stuff and watching my kids play.'"  She cursed at the sky. "But they don't seem like monsters, either."