CHAPTER 12 - Hashira: Part 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's interesting. You must be pretty confident to employ only one of your swords." said Shinazugawa.

"One is good enough for a start." Zoro mocked, "It depends on how much you can take."

"Very well. I'll show my Breath of the Wind. Second Form..." Shinazugawa raised his blade above his head.

"One-Sword Style..." Zoro held the Shusui above his head.

"Claws-Purifying Wind!"

"360-Pound Phoenix!"

Flying-blade attacks clashed in front of the Ubuyashiki Mansion. The force was strong enough to create a tempest. It was a tie. Both of them couldn't justify the outcome. But the contenders were just getting started.

"I think this has gone on long enough." Shinobu argued.

Most of the spectators began to agree with her. But it seemed to her Zoro had turned keen to drag on the fight. Tomioka had no intention to interfere. Both the contenders clashed blades glaring against each other.

"That guy is holding his own against Shinazugawa." Uzui was surprised.

"You are holding back, you bastard!" Shinazugawa retorted. The clash broke off. The contenders jumped back to their original positions.

"You are not half bad." Zoro sheathed his Shusui strapping it onto his haramaki, placing it on the opposite side of his other swords. He grabbed his Kitetsu and Shusui.

"I hope you are ready to eat your words. Two Swords - Iai..."

"A sword-draw technique." Shinazugawa observed, taking a step ahead, "Third Form - Clean Storm Wind Tree!"

He went all out, creating a whirlwind around him as he rushed towards the Pirate Hunter.

"Alright, we need to stop this before the Master shows up." Uzui decided to interfere, agreeing with Shinobu to end the fight.

"Rashomon!" Zoro unleashed his fury.

The whirlwind disappeared with a shockwave.

The great skirmish came to an end. Everyone was shocked by the outcome. Shinazugawa's blade was on the ground diced into two. Zoro realised he took his share of damage charging into the whirlwind. But the end was clearly one-sided. Shinazugawa looked back with a grin.

"What the hell are you trying to pull here?" he shouted, "You weren't serious, were you? Answer me?"

"No, he wasn't." Shinobu replied coldly.

Shinazugawa fell to the ground. He observed Zoro looking back upon him. Two big scars slashed through his chest.

Zoro stood up, removing his bandana.

"If anyone's willing to challenge me, I'm all ears." he said.

"That won't be necessary."

Everyone was surprised to find Master Ubuyashiki in view.

"Master!" Everyone except Zoro bowed down.

"Who are you?" Zoro demanded.

"I've received news of you, Pirate Hunter Zoro." said Master Ubuyashiki, "I am Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the 97th leader of the Demon Slayer Corps."

"How do you know my name?" Zoro asked surprised.

"Shinobu and Giyu spoke highly of you back in your journey together." the Master mentioned.