CHAPTER 22 - Hit & Run

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a name. And it's Daki." she mentioned her demon name.

"Just like that Kokushibo. I believe you are an Upper Moon-demon?"

"Very perceptive of you, Captain Law." Daki replied, getting up.

The girls in the establishment were surprised to find the hardened man walk out with one of the renowned Oirans in the Yoshiwara district. They began to form regard for the Heart Pirates Captain, who was personally selected by someone like Warabihime. But the manager was against Law's decision.

"I need to leave the city. Some urgent business." Law said, making an extra payment to avoid trouble.

"This lady wants to have a business chat someplace else." he lied, "Thanks for your help, and uh, let the shipwright boss know that I'm once again grateful." Law told the manager. The girls thought he was going for a night out someplace else. That made them jealous of the Oiran from another house, who had barged into their settlement . The manager nodded to his words. His taxing look whilst leaving the Tokito House made her realise that he was in trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They came up upon a back alley where people didn't show up at the hour. No one would've expected an Oiran as Warabihime to venture into shady places that night.

"Tell me about this Blood Demon Art of yours? How do you store the people?" Law asked.

"Why must you ask?" Daki returned the question.

"I have consented to your deal. I believe we are in the same boat until we meet your leader?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to say. The sashes are part of my flesh, capable of storing humans inside me as I see fit." Daki explained, "I heard you are working with the Demon Slayers?"

"I was."

"Those morons don't have a chance of confronting the Master. I myself have defeated and devoured Seven Hashiras in the past." Daki said, "I don't know why but it seems you are one of the few humans that the Master has taken an interest in."

"He'll turn me into a Demon, I believe." Law assumed.

"You'll gain eternal life and unbelievable strength, much beneficial than being a puny human." Daki said, indicating at her sash, "I caught these three rats trying to find my truth behind my back."

Whilst they waited in the middle of the lonely alley, Daki extended her sash, revealing three women from inside. Law was surprised that Daki's ability was similar to certain Devil Fruit Powers with storage capabilities.

"Y... you are a human." muttered one of those women. She was awake and conscious, unlike the others.

"He worked with the Demon Slayers." Daki revealed to her, "You both might be acquainted."

The woman was pretty looking and could've passed easily for a service girl. She had long black hair tied to a ponytail and had a mole located beneath her left eye. But Law's attention caught her terrified face.

"I haven't seen you." she replied.

"What's your name?" Law asked.

"H... Hinatsuru." the woman trembled, "I work for Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira."

"Hah, well he will be surprised finding you in my belly soon enough." Daki mocked.

"You have to help us. There are fifteen women trapped inside." Hinatsuri pleaded.