CHAPTER 39 - Battle! The Night Hunt Begins!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days since Law's ordeal.

An emergency notice had shown up from Ubuyashiki. Zoro was compelled to dispatch a large group of Demons. Uzui's wives, Hinatsuru, Makio and Suma had been busy with other missions, and much to Shinobu's chafe, Zoro had to employ Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira both of whom had just arrived from a mission.

"Alright! Back-to-back demon hunting!" bellowed Inosuke.

"But I don't wanna!" cried Zenitsu. "I just came back. You could have motivated me if Nezuko was coming along!"

"How about motivation with my blade?" Zoro drew his Shusui.

Zenitsu panicked to the threat giving in to Zoro's demand.

"How can we defeat twenty demons at once?" demanded Zenitsu.

"We shall kick their ass, Monitsu!" bellowed Inosuke.

"Leave everything to luck, kid." Zoro chuckled. Zenitsu replied with a snivel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law found Shinobu and Tamayo conversing in the corridor.

"How's the situation?" Law asked Shinobu.

"A few wounded have shown up. Zoro has left the morning to tackle an incident. Another surge of Demon attacks that took place last night."

"Thought Uzui's wives were out. He went alone?" Law was surprised.

"You shan't worry. Zenitsu and Inosuke went with him. He won't be lost."

"Hope not."

Tomioka showed up at the Mansion, meeting up with the both of them. He had news regarding Kanae Kocho and Jigoro Kuwajima, both of them scouting the previous week. Unlike the usual conveyance to Ubuyashiki, Kanae and Master Kuwajima instead communicated directly with Zoro's faction, being hidden away from the large remainder of the Demon Slayer Corps.

"They have been able to locate an Upper Moon." Tomioka relayed.

"Who?" demanded Shinobu.

Law knew of Shinobu's history; the Demon that killed Kanae Kocho when she had been alive.

"The very same that attacked Jack's flagship." said Tomioka. "The one that killed Rengoku."

"Hush now!" hissed Shinobu, with sudden alarm.

"Right, Tanjiro." Tomioka looked around, remembering the kid traumatised after the Upper Moon had killed Kyojuro Rengoku in the train incident.

"Where's the kid?" Law asked. "Heard he went for some mission with his kid sister last night."

"He came back in the morning, right after Zoro had left with Zenitsu and Inosuke." Shinobu explained. "We must not let him hear about this." she whispered.

"Yeah. Saw him the last time. Took quite a while until he came back to his senses." Tomioka said, in concern for the kid.

"What's Kocho-ya and the old man up to? Are they planning to fight the Demon?" Law asked.

"We can't let them. Not yet unless reinforcements can back them up. Rengoku was a strong warrior and this Demon was able to kill him." Shinobu said, in concern for her sister.

"I know you are concerned for Kanae, but Master Kuwajima is with her." Tomioka explained, only to find her adamant return look. He sighed, "Very well, I'll send a reply for them to keep a distance."