Imagine - being Daniel's teammate

This started out as an imagine but kind of turned into a one shot? Idk, hope you like it. This was a fun one to write.
~~~~~~~

Just imagine how much fun the 2 of you would have together doing interviews and team challenges. Traveling to some races together and just being best friends enjoying each other's company. You share the same humor and have inside jokes. Sometimes you both get way too carried away in your own banter that you completely lose sight of whatever questions you're being asked. It's like the 2 of you are in your own world together and no one else is even there. Daniel often makes you laugh so hard your eyes water and stomach starts to hurt. You get him back by saying random inappropriate things during interviews or knowingly answering a question in a way that he won't expect, which has made him choke on his water more than once.

One time the team had to ban you from speaking to each other so that you could actually focus on getting work done for a week. That's how much fun you have together, it keeps you from being productive. It was the longest week of your lives, but neither of you told the other. Ever since then, you both managed to find a good work balance to prevent that from happening again. You've both matured together over the last few years being teammates as well so that helps. You know when to be serious now and when it's ok to get a bit silly. But with that maturity also came some more scrutiny of your working relationship.

One time a journalist made the joke in an interview about you being a power couple in the paddock, only because of how well you get along and how long you've been together in the same team. You respect each other both on and off the track and never shy away from publicly praising the other when they performed better. Ever since that interview, things were a bit different. Other journalists started to be more adventurous with their questions and fun challenges for you both, which seemed to be geared more towards working a confession out of either of you that you were in fact a couple.

But neither of you really cared, you have fun together and it only seemed to get better with these new challenges. Of course Daniel completely plays into the rumors because he thinks it's fun, but he also secretly feels honored to be linked to you in that way. He would often say things just the right way to make it sound like there is more to your relationship. One time he was quizzed about how well he knew you and he blatantly said "I'm gonna ace this. We know everything about each other by now. Probably even some things we maybe shouldn't know about each other" and he laughed and winked at the camera.

Things really took a turn though when you did a very sexy photoshoot for Maxim magazine. When it was published, Daniel was the first to share it on Instagram, along with several photos of the 2 of you over the years. On International Women's day of all days. He made an entire post about it with the caption "I know I'm rarely this serious, but this is a very special day folks! I'm very lucky to have some incredible women in my life, but none are quite as special as my beautiful teammate. I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished in this sport so far and feel like the luckiest person in the world to have been along side you for all of it. You are a mirror version of myself and so much more; you're the kindest, bravest, most caring and loving woman I've ever met. You are truly one of a kind and I am honored to be your teammate. Enjoy this, YOUR day, today my beautiful work wife. I love you".

Of course the post went viral, not just in the f1 community. It was being shared by so many people around the world as the "perfect symbol" of how a man can show his platonic love and support for women they know. However, what no one knew was that even though you both cared very deeply for each other, those last 3 words had never been said. Even in a platonic way. Daniel knew you would understand his meaning in the post. He was genuinely confessing his love for you, very publicly, but also secretly, all at the same time.

You smile as you comment on the post "I love you too my handsome work husband 🥰" knowing that he will understand you got his secret message and that you feel the same way.

Now whenever you are together, it feels as though nothing has changed and everything has changed all at once. All the flirtatious jokes make you both smile even more because the 2 of you know it's not just banter anymore.

And the best part of all is that your teammate is now your teammate in life.