Curls Get the Girls

"Oh my god look at your hair!" You exclaimed, laughing at the photo of a younger Dan, when he first joined F1

You were sitting at the dinner table with him and some other crew and members of his team. Tonight was a special dinner to celebrate Dan's 10 year anniversary in F1. Hence, the photos being shared around the table.

You'd only met Dan in his last year with Red Bull, being employed by the team as his PA. It was your first big time job in the field and you made sure to work your ass off, which resulted in impressing the young driver who was only 1 year older than you.

So it came as little surprise when he asked you to continue to work for him personally when he left the team, offering you a much better salary than what Red Bull was paying. Over the last few years you'd become great friends, even hanging out with him outside of work duties. It made working together that much easier too.

"Hey my mom told me I looked handsome" Daniel laughed, defending his younger self. The rest of table roared with laughter. Dinner was already over with and everyone was just sitting around drinking and chatting now. You yourself had already drank nearly an entire bottle of wine.

"Oh I wish I'd known jewfro Dan" you laughed, taking another sip of wine. "We would've been total besties" a few people laughed at your comment.
"Well I definitely wasn't one of the popular kids in school," Daniel laughed, showcasing his signature grin.

"Probably cuz of that hair!" Someone shouted from across the table, causing the whole bunch to erupt with laughter again.

You laughed too but then spoke up defending him, trying not to giggle "Hey! No! I totally would've fucked jewfro Dan" you caused everyone to laugh again at your deadpan joke, even though part of you was telling the truth, but no one needed to know that.

The whole atmosphere of the table was cozy, the conversation light hearted and fun, everyone was having a good time. The alcohol helped but truly everyone was happy to be celebrating Daniel tonight. And he was very grateful to have everyone here with him. He considered everyone he worked with a friend, some closer than others.

You were one of the few he knew he could have great banter with, but sometimes he couldn't tell if you were joking or flirting. There's been times over the last couple years he'd hoped something more would happen, but he didn't want to make a move unless he was sure you get the same way. After all, you worked for him technically, and he didn't want things to be weird.

He saw this moment as a good opportunity to get a peak inside your head. He was still a bit surprised you'd even say something like that, it definitely caught him off guard. As everyone was still laughing at what you said, he looked at you from across the table and mouthed "Really?" a grin forming on his lips, his eyes sparkling with curiosity.

You just smiled, shrugged your shoulders and took another sip of wine. A few people had gone back to their conversations but some caught the exchange and decided to continue what they thought was a joke, after all, the whole group loved to laugh and have a good time.