Chapter 29

Ninola 'Deleke

Why does it feel like I walked into a madhouse?

Did a villain invade Nigeria and attack their school, it won't surprise me with everything that's happened recently.

It won't shock me at all.

But still what villain sprays everyone with crying gas? Oluwa Ejor (God please), what's happening here?

Arthur beat me to it. "What the fuck?" Yes, that summed it perfectly.

What the fuck? What is fucking happening? Why is everyone crying? Even the Munachi, why was a girl crying on one of Arthur's friends?

Is she his sister?

No.. She pulled back from hugging him and suddenly kissed him.

... Nawa oh, abeg. No sister kisses her brother.

What's going on. Arthur held my hand again and I remembered how minutes ago I was the one crying on his body.

Minutes ago, I'd confessed and... Tried vulnerability. He better not make me regret.

He just hugged me while chanting. "You're not weak. You're not weak" And I don't know if it's because he was stroking my head but.. I believed him.

I believed every word, I believed he actually did like me. I believed he wanted me to be his girlfriend so I whispered "Yes"... And no other word needed to be said.

So coming out of the tents and here, meeting this scene was so... Weird.

Rooney stood up and Munachi scooted over to her friends. They hugged her. Silvana. She hugged her.

Nonso stared at me and stood up.

And I realized how tall he truly was. He was ... Omo. Tall and looked like a gangster. The black American gangster type with his dread like hair and his light beards.

He made my heart thump in my chest as he walked closer, slowly or maybe I was imagining things now.

He was... Owning the air around him. Muscular but just enough.

He was... Hot.

"Guy" Arthur snapped me out and prevented me from drooling on his friend.

"Guy" Rooney and Nonso said together.

My heart felt like it was about to explode with the way it was pounding.

"Chiamaka got drunk—"

"Fuck." Arthur muttered. "She can't hold her alcohol, why did she?"

"Dude, forget all that. She.. Ambushed Kenneth, Rooney and everyone and basically said she's always loved Kenneth, can you imagine. She and Kenneth. Did you know about that?"

... Why would he? Una dey mad?

"Yes. I've forgotten who said it.. Or when but there was a time you guys said Chiamaka started a rumor around them both and almost made them fight. I looked into it. She never admitted but... She didn't need to. I know she loved Kenneth"

"Then why una go know all these yet still dey sleep with am (why would you know all these and still sleep with her)"

He's also slept with this Chiamaka?

I yanked my hand out and walked away from him. I felt like slapping him.

How many people has he slept with? How dare him?