Chapter 23

Rooney Edwin.

"... Guy calm down! " I dragged Arthur back.

This was the fourth fight he was getting into in two days...

It was getting out of control now and it was infuriating that this was how he decided to let out anger.

"I swear, take a chill pill. " Dominique shoved Arthur and I stumbled a bit because he'd crashed into me.

"No. He should take the fucking damn chill pill, didn't he see me? He pushed me! "Arthur heaved out and took a swipe at the unfortunate A eight grader.

"I didn't push you on purpose! It was an accident. Why your blood too dey hot(Why're you so short tempered?)" He shook as he spoke, it was obvious this guy was heaving in anger.

This dude was way bigger than Arthur...

Like, Arthur you wan die(Do you wanna die?)

"Now you're shouting at me?! " Arthur dragged out his two hands, pushed me back and threw a direct punch at the guys jaw.

Fuck.

The A eight grader grunted and made an attempt to grab Arthur.. He stepped back.

Dominique instead grabbed the guy by his left hand and dragged him away.

Dragged him away to apologize on Arthur's behalf.

The small crowd that gathered around us in front of my class were chanting, yelling and just being plain stupid.

They were attracting lots of attention from other students in the floor.

I didn't need a teacher punishing me first thing in the morning.

Chiamaka walked towards us, whispered some bull in Arthur's ear and kissed him.

Okay, Arthur had explained to me.. In some sorta way, that she was helping him... 'cope' with his anger... Sexually...

I didn't understand what he'd said cause even he didn't understand.

I just knew that she was now his sex toy, whenever he wanted to let out some 'frustration'...

By choice!

Feminism in the mud because this ain't no women empowerment, this is women disempowerment especially with how Arthur said she was training him to be rough on her. On everyone.

How do you offer yourself up to be used like that?

Arthur pulled back and shook his head. She looked down and smiled... Then walked away.

The crowd suddenly decided to disappear with her..

Well, that's what I thought at first!

"Two of you. Hey! " A teacher yelled at us.

Shit.

I couldn't make a run for it. Our class door was actually barely three steps away, but he'd already marked us out.

Fuck you Arthur.

We'd not even gone through first period and you'd already put me in some serious shit.

"Good morning boys. " Uncle Alex eyed us.

Welcome to Nigeria, don't greet an elder and you get mocked by that elder.

Being greeted by an older person was being mocked.

It was just a stupid way of saying you're being disrespectful to them.