Chapter 18

Song for chapter ☝

Muncachi Odumba

"... Do not lie to me young lady. " I gulped.

Note to self: Never go vandalizing with Arthur...

Never vandalize at all.

I was in the principal's office-Mrs. Ojukwu...
We were in the principal's office.

"Yes Munachi, do not lie to her. " Ngozi said behind me, she was seated on a couch with two of her classmates while senior Somto stood beside them.

"No one talked to you. " Kenelum growled at her, and for a second I almost thought he was defending me... But naa.

He was standing behind me.

They were all behind me, barely a foot away and spread out on the carpeted floor.

Chidinma, Nonso, Segun, Kenelum, Arthur, Dominique, Kenneth.

Arthur was directly behind me.

"Exactly, I wasn't speaking to you Ngozi. I was talking to Munachi... She has a flawless reputation, so I highly doubt she'll partake in what you're accusing her of. What you're accusing them of. " I smiled awkwardly at her as she spoke..

"Yes ma. I swear to God with my parents and everything dear to me we didn't do anything in her class" Kenneth lied.

"Ma, it's true they're lying... They don't even have proof of anything." Segun.

"Ma, why would we even do that? What would we gain? " Arthur joined the committee of liars and I struggled not to laugh.

These boys are professionals.

"Exactly. Nothing! So why would we? " Chidinma.

"So where were you guys yesterday during lunch and before evening prep? Immediately you all walked out of rehearsals, after Arthur came back to take Munachi with him. " Ngozi said adding a suggestive tone to the end of her sentence.

The way she said it sounded like she was implying Arthur came back to... Fuck me.

I ignored her.

"Yes Munachi, where were you all? " Mrs Ojukwu dropped her glasses in front of her on her table.

She leaned back on her chair and crossed her hands against her chest.

"She was tutoring us. We went back to the school because I'm failing further maths, I don't understand that shit-"

"-Language! " Our principal yelled at Kenelum and Arthur chuckled.

"Go on... " She continued.

"We weren't on their floor at all... All through out while Munachi taught me. "

"Okay, let's say I believe you... Why would Arthur need tutoring on further maths? Or Chidinma? Or the rest of you, but Nonso? I sign your results boys... Do not lie to me. " Nonso sighed heavily at the mention of his name.

"I'm dropping! SS2's further maths is fucking stressful..." Mrs Ojukwu picked up her glasses and stared at Arthur.

"Sorry, I mean... Very stressful. " Arthur apologized.

"You all are lying to me and I have no choice but to-"

"-Menstruation! " Chidinma sudden yelled and we all went.. "Whaaat? "

"I'm on my period... I started for the first time yesterday and I got stained. I asked Munachi for help because she's a girl and these five mugus(Fools)decided to tag along.. "