Chapter 7

Munachi Odumba

"Truth or Dare." Kenelum stretched out his body and yawned, I didn't know what had possessed me but I chose...

"Dare. " I smiled when I saw how quickly I'd wiped away his smug smirk and replaced it with a surprised frown.

Guess what ever had possessed Silvana to agree to that dare had possessed me too.

"Dare? Are you sure about that?" Silvana asked as she pulled away from Nonso.

"Yeah. Are you? You know what Kenelum is like right? He could dare you to undress in front of everyone right now." Jasmine stopped talking when she stared at Arthur besides me.

"Yes. I'm sure. " I said passively to her.

And Kenelum smirked again.

"Not like you had a choice self. If you don't do the dare you'll sponsor me, I've talk my own oh(I'm saying it now.)"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Dare already. "

"See ehn. Don't do that thing you're doing with your eyes again eh-"Kenelum was interrupted.

"-Guy, dare already and shut the fuck up. " He sounded angry beside me. Like he was irritated by someone or something.

Or me.

Why was he mad at me anyways? I would've danced with him.. But..

"Hian(Hmm.)Okay oh. Munachi, I dare you to.. " Kenelum paused and Dominique stretched over to whisper into his ears.

Kenelum chuckled while nodding his head then pulled away, "Hmn. I dare you to give Arthur a lap dance-"

"- I can't do that! "

"Why not!? " he fired back.

"Well, we're in public, stupid, and secondly there's no music. " Jasmine came to my rescue

"These two didn't seem to care about the public stuff. " Segun said and nudged his head at Nonso and Silvana.

"Well I do. And I can't dance with out musi-" I was interrupted by a loud screeching speaker sound.

"- Bow down your heads for prayers. " a tiny voice squeaked.

And all discussions died down immediately as we all obeyed irrespective of the little girl's class.

I sucked in my breath and shut my eyes.

••
"Amen! " The loud chorus was deafening, no one on our table yelled, we all stayed quiet and eventually everyone raised their heads up.

The loud chorus always came from 7th graders, for some weird reason they were always enthusiastic and active during prayers and assembly.

Weird because I'd never been enthusiastic when I was in 7th grade.

Well, technically I was depressed, so there's that...

"So how do you guys share the food here? 'Cause Chiamaka them don't use to eat their food and we share it... Alone. " Dominique asked while opening the food cooler.

"Ehn! Naso(Yeah right)Come to our table and starve us, in your dre..."Jasmine trailed off while staring off behind me.

"Jasmine. Where would we sit and eat? " I whipped my head back to the direction of the voice and saw four of my classmates standing behind me.

"Girl are you blind?" Kenelum told Kamsi, she flinched back.

"Guy, I swear. Obviously you won't sit here. " Dominique said next.