•8•

Song for the chapter;
NOW by Mothica☝️in the media box, you can copy the link and download the song using YouTube converters thenn play while reading(this is an idea I came up with, Idk if everyone can copy links but do try) ☝️

Ninola was glad Munachi had suggested an emergency therapy session.

Munachi was glad Ninola had joked about therapy because it gave her that idea.

Ten minutes had passed since Ninola finally stopped crying and their Uber was three minutes away.

It was an impromptu decision, which was enabled by Mrs Adeyemi letting Ninola know she could come in immediately when she called to clarify if such sessions were possible.

Munachi was currently in the kitchen making more smoothie for Ninola and Ninola was washing her face in the kitchen sink.

She didn't feel as good as she did when she first walked into their apartment but she felt a lot better than she did fifteen minutes ago and when she walked into the living room she was grateful that the laptop wasn't in view.

"The Uber's downstairs" Munachi announced after staring at the notification that popped on her phone, Ninola nodded and grabbed the juice bottle she'd found in a cabinet and helped Munachi pour the smoothie into the large bottle.

The two girls walked downstairs both feeling like they were forgetting something and got into the Uber car.

•••

"He did what?" Mrs Adeyemi tried to be professional, but she'd never imagined such a scenario would have ever played out, it felt like a twisted joke.

The wildest coincidence she'd ever heard of.

"He said they were doing this for me and I don't know... I didn't ask him that's all that concerns me. I didn't send him message." Ninola rocked her chair, it was her favorite furniture in her therapist's office.

"He invaded your privacy, how does that make you feel?"

"Annoyed, disrespected, like he took my autonomy away from me. Like he sees himself as some ruler over me" Ninola responded honestly and she sighed, then continued.

"But at the same time, it raises questions. Questions like all along isn't this what I wanted? I wanted justice but the financial differences told me back then it was pointless so I didn't even bother. How could I have even hired an investigator talk less a lawyer to defend me back then. Questions like if Mami didn't exist wouldn't I want to pursue this case. I'm not a weakling, I couldn't fight back then because I was outnumbered and they were bigger and older, but now I can fight back legally, but then there's questions like what would my neighbors say if I pursue this case you know.. "

"Yes I know. But your last statements make it seen like you want to pursue it, do you really Ninola?"

"I don't know! I don't because it's... What's the point now, they have wealth it was pointless, Mami would be ashamed to find out, she'd shame me. It's my secret I wanted to take to the grave but it's like he came from nowhere and unburied it. Now I have to decide if I want to rebury it or raise it up and stop being ashamed. I don't want people in Mami's and I business. Our neighbors would talk and they'd slut shame me, they'd victim blame me. I don't want all of that" Ninola rocked her chair faster.

"What do you want" Mrs Adeyemi asked and watched the teenage girl bring up a bottle to her lips and take a sip.

It smelt like fruits. Mrs Adeyemi loved fruits...

Ninola swallowed then wiped her mouth. "I want Arthur to avoid me that's what I'm sure of. But I don't want the relationship to end" She took another sip and wiped again.